Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds now looking for £30m for Gnonto? Seriously? £4m last year. We seriously need to be identifying players at lower values and profiting on them. Move along here, that's probably our entire transfer budget and we need a striker plus a creative winger or midfielder than can score, not to mention CB cover. Frustration growing...

Purely on the basis that we only have one pre-season game left before the season starts and he’s very conspicuous by his absence.

Oh, and because every time we were told he was ‘nearly fit and ready’ last season, he wasn’t.

Are you confident he’ll be playing regularly from the opening game?
The improvement in Everton's form up front late last season was because of the difference Calvert Lewin made in the matches during and after the Crystal Palace game, and he hadn't played at all in the previous nine.

Just seen Barkley mentioned supposedly coming back so checked his stats last 2 seasons here wish we had a midfielder who could produce them numbers now would be a big help. Was surprised at how many England caps he’s had thought it was about 20 at most, he’s 30 this year what a waste of talent.

Leeds now looking for £30m for Gnonto? Seriously? £4m last year. We seriously need to be identifying players at lower values and profiting on them. Move along here, that's probably our entire transfer budget and we need a striker plus a creative winger or midfielder than can score, not to mention CB cover. Frustration growing...
They should, but they don't do much business in getting young players from other leagues and playing them to increase their value. Gnonto was bought from the Swiss Super League. Lower budget teams shop in those markets. Everton seems to insist that the transfers have Premier Legue resumes so they rarely come cheap.

Who’s the last one we even tried that was like Gnonto last year for Leeds? Onana was big money. Garner had just come off a good season in the Championship. We never seem to find the low risk high reward types even though that’s the exact type we should be looking for.

Who’s the last one we even tried that was like Gnonto last year for Leeds? Onana was big money. Garner had just come off a good season in the Championship. We never seem to find the low risk high reward types even though that’s the exact type we should be looking for.
elanga at 15 million quid is worth the risk imo, but we prolly offered 10.

I mean Garner was less than £10m so I’d say he qualifies as low risk high reward

Just seen Barkley mentioned supposedly coming back so checked his stats last 2 seasons here wish we had a midfielder who could produce them numbers now would be a big help. Was surprised at how many England caps he’s had thought it was about 20 at most, he’s 30 this year what a waste of talent.

Dyche fixes broken players. Direct quote from him.

If he's free and if hes lowered his wages...he's an upgrade on Iwobi IMO

When you think it can’t get much worse it seemingly does.

January was a disaster but this summer could well be fatal unless they pull their finger out.

Fingers crossed the pressure is put on them from the first game of the season. We can’t accept another season like the last 2.
I think the expectation is that this season will be very much like the last 2 for most fans. My worry is that it will be worse. I think right now the squad is actually weaker and right now I'm not seeing the incomings to strengthen us. Only positive from pre-season is 39 year old Young. No under 21's looking ready to step up. Ready to stand corrected when we pull a couple of goal scoring rabbits from a hat and Branthwaite proves to be brilliant. I think our midfield is actually not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back