Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even without his goals the rest of their team combined scored just two less than we managed.

He bombed in Spain and when was the last time a centre-forward from Serie A has come in and done well here? Scammaca was a much better player and has flattered to deceive with West Ham.

For 20m we'd surely be able to find much better.
I'll let Kev know.

Even without his goals the rest of their team combined scored just two less than we managed.

He bombed in Spain
and when was the last time a centre-forward from Serie A has come in and done well here? Scammaca was a much better player and has flattered to deceive with West Ham.

For 20m we'd surely be able to find much better.

Interesting. Would you mind showing me where in his 14 games worth of minutes with 5 goals and 5 assists...he "bombed"

I think after Dyche's comments Gnonto was one of the ones we thought we may get over the line but never, I think we can forget about him now, I don't expect more than a journey man striker on loan now after his comments. The mind bogles who it might be but he will not be very good that's for sure another long season ahead thank god for alcohol!

I reckon it might have been Rodrigo, Elanga and Toure. I don’t even think we’ve got close to Gnonto yet and just had tentative talks

I actually think it’s a good deal for all four parties, given that for whatever reason they have wanted Maupay for a year or more.
We're going to have to take a punt on someone. He looks like the best bet of those we have been linked with, I think. Any deal here has the added bonus of getting Maupay off the books and avoiding last minute proven PL experience types at the end of the window.

<Insert "Maupay + €20 million is a good deal even if no one comes the other way" joke here>
Saw some articles over the past couple of weeks saying they would want 40mil euro for him if the buyout wasnt met.

So 20mil euro+ Maupay would still be good.

Also several links to Iling Junior again via newsnow. He'd be a coup i think as would their Belgian CB De Winter.

Bring in those 3 and a CM and were looking good.

Saw some articles over the past couple of weeks saying they would want 40mil euro for him if the buyout wasnt met.

So 20mil euro+ Maupay would still be good.

Also several links to Iling Junior again via newsnow. He'd be a coup i think as would their Belgian CB De Winter.

Bring in those 3 and a CM and were looking good.
0% chance of that happening, though, isn't there?

Cannot wait for the lawyers to get involved in that one. Donetsk at present is a part of the Donbas region who's allegiances/loyalties/ownership is a murky question.

Would take years to get a definitive answer, even if/when Ukraine retains ownership.
Not sure that's right.

Manor Solomon just joined Spurs from Donetsk on a free under UEFA rules. Harsh on Ukranian clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back