Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will protect the club for the present and the future by signing a mixture of experienced and inexperienced players.

Scouting young talent is something we need to do obviously and the names I mentioned shows this is happening but anyone who believes that an inexperienced young boy from Portugal is going to keep us in the premiership next season is fooling themselves.

We are not in a financial position to sign the players we want to sign so we have to compromise.
We sign the young talent and develop them while at the same time sign affordable experienced players that will help keep us in the division.
Any decent striker with a goal scoring record is going to cost 50m or more and we can't afford that.

It isn't rocket science.
When have I said that Chermiti would keep us up? Quite the opposite. I have also advocated a compromise in ages by suggesting that Dia or Guirassy would be good moves, even Iheanacho. All players I've seen a lot, all players who have something to offer, despite being 26 or above.

We need to sign young talent, but if we are to sign older players, they cannot be dross - like Che Adams (another player I have had the misfortune of watching a lot). And it's not because he's British before that old chestnut gets fired out. It's the same with dross like Mateta or Benteke a few years back when lots of people were suggesting him when he was at Palace.

He probably would have if we passed the ball instead of hoofed it up to him and told him to hold it up.

He was brought in to be a different option to Dom. Probably be someone to play off him and be part of a team that played "between the lines" as Lampard once said.

Maupay never had the attributes to the style of play.

Big Che does.

He is better than Rondon...if you passed him the ball.

He was Brightons top goal scorer for 3 seasons in the premiership. Do we play like Brighton?

Theres your answer.

The problem with Rondon was...he couldn't run.
Mate, Rondon, Adams, Maupay, they're all rubbish. Yes, they're all rubbish for different reasons, but they're still rubbish. Let's stop signing bad forwards that don't score goals, can we agree on that?

IMG_6219.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back