Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I was any player at the club and knew Maguire was getting £190k a week should I be demanding more? would Pickford or Tarkowski be looking to renegotiate?

But he wouldnt get that with us.

Uniteds desperation to get rid of him will put us or any club in a good position.

On loan they would pay half his wages.

A sale and United pay up his contract, talk of them paying him £10 million to leave…..meaning clubs would pay him much much less to take him, as he has been paid.

Some of these massive contracts at big clubs actually make it easier to take a player….in the right instance .

But he wouldnt get that with us.

Uniteds desperation to get rid of him will put us or any club in a good position.

On loan they would pay half his wages.

A sale and United pay up his contract, talk of them paying him £10 million to leave…..meaning clubs would pay him much much less to take him, as he has been paid.

Some of these massive contracts at big clubs actually make it easier to take a player….in the right instance .

Havent they turned down 20m bid from West Ham though?

He really wouldn't. A DoF does far more than just transfers. A youth coach who I'm not going to name was scathing about how much attention Moyes paid to our youth teams

Eh what? Moyes gave loads of game time to academy players, he had to. Rooney, Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan, Anichebe, Barkley and Rodwell all became first team players under him. He also gave PL debuts to the likes of Baxter, Forshaw, McAleny, Duffy and probably countless others I’ve forgotten. Don’t know who this youth coach is but he sounds a bit dense.

Eh what? Moyes gave loads of game time to academy players, he had to. Rooney, Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan, Anichebe, Barkley and Rodwell all became first team players under him. He also gave PL debuts to the likes of Baxter, Forshaw, McAleny, Duffy and probably countless others I’ve forgotten. Don’t know who this youth coach is but he sounds a bit dense.

All I'll do is repeat what he said - Moyes barely ever paid any attention to what was happening in the youth set ups. When Martinez came in, he said that he was better at it but still not great. He isn't at Everton anymore, but he was pretty senior in the youth set up.

That's it. Sorry, you've inadvertently located the precise moment where football and I parted ways: the day they changed the name of the Charity Shield.
Apparently, it was for the type of dubious corporatism that has since blighted the game. According to Wikipedia:

In 2002, the Charity Commission found that the Football Association had failed to meet its legal obligations under charity law, by failing to specify what money from ticket sales went to charity, and delaying payments to the charities nominated.[15] As a result, the competition was renamed the Community Shield.[16] Arsenal were the first winners of the renamed Community Shield with a 1–0 victory over Liverpool.[17]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back