Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're fighting over scraps Man City agree 77m fee for a defender....puts it all into perspective. Financial fair play my ****

Some blues on here will enjoy watching them Chelsea Liverpool and United nuke it out on Sky whilst they remind everyone how we spent 500 mill 6 years ago and therefore don’t ever deserve to compete again (make sure you ignore the net spend figure, any expenditure before Moshiri, and basically any thoughts that football teams deserve more than one shot at being successful).

Just remember FFP saved Leicester, god knows where they’d be now if they’d have been able to spend money in transfer windows last season and not been forced to sell some of their best players.

Imagine being bought for 77 mill and then this dude comes along and steaks your thunder.

I had a meeting at Leicester City a few years ago and they mentioned this guy. He’s had offers from all over the world, for big money too. Who’d have thought there’d be so much cash in mowing grass.

Loads of talent in all those smaller leagues. I guess they’re just too risky to spend limited funds on when we’re one of the relegation favourites.

Loads of talent in this country. When you see pictures of Kane and Vardy sat on a championship bench, Maddison in a Norwich shirt, Stones at Barnsley, Ramsay at Cardiff etc. it suggests that there’s plenty of talent in the lower leagues and academies waiting to be snapped up at the right time.

I’ve long thought there’s a potential alternative approach for Everton that would just involve scouting every blade of grass in the UK and competing for the best players who might be more inclined to play their football with us in their home country. We’ve had much better success with Stones DCL Pickford Branthwaite even going further back to Baines and Jags than we have with any wonder kids we’ve signed from abroad recently (Moise Kean being the latest who didn’t perform to what we hoped) .

Why weren’t we saying to a young Jude Bellingham come and play first team premier league football before Dortmund eventually did? Imagine if we’d taken advantage of Declan Rice’s situation not getting many minutes at West Ham before Moyes got there. There’ll be kids sitting on City and Chelsea benches right now, or playing in lower league teams who will be the next England players moving for huge fees and we could be offering them decent transfer fees, wages, and playing time to play for us. I’d rather our scouts were looking for them than watching a match in Spain France or Brazil with a load of scouts from Real Madrid Barcelona City PSG and Bayern in attendance.

Loads of talent in this country. When you see pictures of Kane and Vardy sat on a championship bench, Maddison in a Norwich shirt, Stones at Barnsley, Ramsay at Cardiff etc. it suggests that there’s plenty of talent in the lower leagues and academies waiting to be snapped up at the right time.

I’ve long thought there’s a potential alternative approach for Everton that would just involve scouting every blade of grass in the UK and competing for the best players who might be more inclined to play their football with us in their home country. We’ve had much better success with Stones DCL Pickford Branthwaite even going further back to Baines and Jags than we have with any wonder kids we’ve signed from abroad recently (Moise Kean being the latest who didn’t perform to what we hoped) .

Why weren’t we saying to a young Jude Bellingham come and play first team premier league football before Dortmund eventually did? Imagine if we’d taken advantage of Declan Rice’s situation not getting many minutes at West Ham before Moyes got there. There’ll be kids sitting on City and Chelsea benches right now, or playing in lower league teams who will be the next England players moving for huge fees and we could be offering them decent transfer fees, wages, and playing time to play for us. I’d rather our scouts were looking for them than watching a match in Spain France or Brazil with a load of scouts from Real Madrid Barcelona City PSG and Bayern in attendance.

Problem is they are not cheap whatsoever now. Look at the price of the City kids going. Shea Charles for £15m when he’s never played? It’s just not a good market anymore. Maybe Brexit is to blame but not sure.

We could/should be shopping for the academy in Ireland and Scotland more though for sure.

Problem is they are not cheap whatsoever now. Look at the price of the City kids going. Shea Charles for £15m when he’s never played? It’s just not a good market anymore. Maybe Brexit is to blame but not sure.

We could/should be shopping for the academy in Ireland and Scotland more though for sure.

Even then you had the likes of Lavia going for cheap last summer, suddenly they’re demanding £50m for him and they’ll probably get it. There’s definitely opportunities to take advantage of the surplus of academy talent these teams have and let go every year.

Even then you had the likes of Lavia going for cheap last summer, suddenly they’re demanding £50m for him and they’ll probably get it. There’s definitely opportunities to take advantage of the surplus of academy talent these teams let go every year.

Oh yeh it can certainly turn into a huge profit but conversely they can’t. If we had a larger budget and more league security I’d be down for it. Southampton went that route and they’re in a division below now.

Oh yeh it can certainly turn into a huge profit but conversely they can’t. If we had a larger budget and more league security I’d be down for it. Southampton went that route and they’re in a division below now.
That was more to do with the Nathan Jones thing though, he might be as mad as a box of frogs but I reckon they would have stayed up under Ralph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back