Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely pessimistic but I wouldn't say it's pathetic. It's a poor squad that's faced successive relegation battles and is in desperate need of a goalscorer.

Relegation isn't a certainty but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility.
It is pathetic. It is possible, obviously, not a certainty by any means. The guy needs to grow some

It's August ffs. The third year in a row of these wimps

If his contract isn't up, why would he take a wage cut ?

Maybe United take a loss and cover some of them - but he's not going to personally / voluntarily lose money is he ?
His ego will take a massive hit coming here, so he will either stay on big money, or want to be compensated to come here. Your not getting him for less than £130k, especially as others are on similar.

signing harry maguire is stupid

we need to offload at least 3 centre backs before we bring in the big oaf on his ludicrous wages and it takes us about 3 years to do a deal so we will never offload holgate, godfrey and keane before the end of the window

He's better than what we've got, wouldn't mind him as a Mina replacement in principle but given the age and the wages it's a no from me. I'd take a loan though.

He's better than what we've got, wouldn't mind him as a Mina replacement in principle but given the age and the wages it's a no from me. I'd take a loan though.
Majority of posters on here would be happy to offer Mina his £120k a week if he could stay even half fit.
If we got Maguire for there or thereabouts that wage then he would be an upgrade on Mina and he's never had much of an issue with injuries.
But it would need to be a loan.
Him and Tarks would do well together and allow Branthwaite to come in gradually.

I cant believe some people dont believe Maguire would be an asset in our defence.
How many recent cast off's from the Scab 6 do we need to have fail for us before we realise it's a completely stupid idea...

Schneiderlin, Walcott, Delph, Van de Beek, Iwobi, Alli examples of players deemed were better then what we had, as asset BUT all failed miserably, costing the club millions and eventually left for nothing. This type idiotic decision making from the board is why were a complete shambles on and off the pitch. Maguire would be another.

In which case I really don’t know why they don’t just settle up with Moyes and move on. If the hierarchy want young progressive signings you need the manager for it, and he did have a squad too talented for a relegation battle right in one last season.

He saved himself in Europe but maybe that success should’ve been an opportunity to part ways on good terms.
And lo and behold. These sort of situations usually end one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back