Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

He might not be much better in truth, I don't think Keane is as bad as people make out but for everyone's sanity next season, Michael Keane cannot be starting games for Everton.

The problem with Keane is that he has a howler 3-4 times per season. he just isn't good enough.

We just need a steady option at CB.

Maguire talk will be nothing more as his wages are ridiculous.

Maguire in a Dyche type set up is a good CB imo. Can defend headers into the box all day long and decent attacking them at the other end.

Think he'll do well if he goes West Ham. Like Keane he isn't that suited to playing a high line which is what Utd often play.

For England under a more conservative manager he is pretty decent.

Branthwaite on the other hand is a complete unknown - playing well in Holland doesn't mean that'll translate to the PL (look at Utds £90m man Antony).

I hope you are right about Branthwaite mate. I guess there is a possibility that he is better than the trio of garbage, but it wasn’t so long ago that Godfrey was subject to the same level of hype that Branthwaite is receiving. It honestly won’t be a surprise to see Michael bloody Keane picked ahead of Branthwaite, so I think we really need to properly replace Mina to avoid a downgrade of our utterly wank defence.

The extra year of experience with Garner and Onana is countered by the extra year of ageing in Gueye, who is quite clearly on his way out imo. I actually think that our central midfield is okay, but I think our defence and attack is utterly woeful and even worse than last season.

Clearly having Maguire and Tarkowski playing in front of Pickford would be excellent in a deep lying defence. Im not sure how that could be argued against on paper.

However, in an ideal world Branthwaite and another u21 defender (De Winter hopefully) would be rotating and competing with both of those experienced players. The 4 together would be an excellent group.

In light of where we are now i think we need to ensure we have longevity and a long term partnership. This means developing Branthwaite at the very least and ideally having another centre back equally as promising (De Winter).

Id be inclined to sign another u21 CB and sell 2 of Keane, Godfrey and Holgate.

In midfield we need another u21 aged player imo to compete with Gana and rotate in for Onana and Garner when needed. That way in 12months we have 3 young CMs and can move Gana on.

Can see Trevor Chalobah getting any game time....would be worth a loan.

Love him. Can play multiple positions and very underrated...wanted him and posted about him years ago.

Wouldn't take Maguire on a free to be honest.

On a free, having him Branthwaite and Tarkowski would be excellent as long as Branthwaite extended his contract.

That's not correct
If you sit deep and hit teams on the counter you can get away with slow defenders like Maguire. What you need are fast players in transition , like midfield and particularly forwards
Spot on.

United fans now saying a Maguire Branthwaite swap is on the cards.

Rumoured on some of the dodgy sites via newsnow.

They put a £25mil fee on Branthwaite which to me seems unacceptable. A peak Maguire/Tarlowski for 4 years would be very strong...but why throw away our future in Branthwaite when we need to build value in players?

The problem with Keane is that he has a howler 3-4 times per season. he just isn't good enough.

We just need a steady option at CB.

Maguire talk will be nothing more as his wages are ridiculous.

That's it mate, if he could cut mistakes out of his game he would be a solid CB for any PL team outside of the European spots, that's all Tarkowski is.

Mina on the other hand is genuinely a Champions League quality player, but is made of expired cheese strings.

Someone in between who can just stay fit and not make howlers, as you say, will improve us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back