Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I think there has been evidence that might doubt Branthwaite loyalty to Everton @Zatara. He’s never been quoted as saying he’s determined to come back here, indeed I think he was open to a permanent move to PSV. I talk to one of his very close friends (an Evertonian by the way who has known him since being a kid) and never get the impression he thinks about anything but what’s best for him.

He thinks he’s very good, we think he’s probably right but I don’t believe he’s not set on Everton. If he comes here and plays then there’s a chance his mindset could fix on Everton but there’s just as much chance he sees it as an opportunity to step up.

This is not a definite but a calculated view.
There is nothing wrong with that. If he is a top talent then we are not a final destination club for him but we need to maximise our return. To do that he needs to start for us this year if he is good enough

…I think there has been evidence that might doubt Branthwaite loyalty to Everton @Zatara. He’s never been quoted as saying he’s determined to come back here, indeed I think he was open to a permanent move to PSV. I talk to one of his very close friends (an Evertonian by the way who has known him since being a kid) and never get the impression he thinks about anything but what’s best for him.

He thinks he’s very good, we think he’s probably right but I don’t believe he’s not set on Everton. If he comes here and plays then there’s a chance his mindset could fix on Everton but there’s just as much chance he sees it as an opportunity to step up.

This is not a definite but a calculated view.
That doesn't chime with the above. But doesn't surprise me we aren't his final destination but we should absolutely not be selling him this summer I hope he can force his way into the team.

Last edited:
If we had even considered McGuire for Branthwaite (and there is no realm where even Moshiri has considered this), I hope we get relegated. I hope the stadium falls apart and I hope Moshiri loses millions in investment.

I’m not going to jump on the he’s the worst player in the world train, but if THAT is our solution for a 30 year old defender that has a ton of mistakes in him we are the biggest morons on the planet and we deserve to lose everything.

People whinge about Michael Keane and think Harry freakin Maguire for 30mil would be a valid solution to our backline. On THOSE wages. PASS

If we had even considered McGuire for Branthwaite (and there is no realm where even Moshiri has considered this), I hope we get relegated. I hope the stadium falls apart and I hope Moshiri loses millions in investment.

I’m not going to jump on the he’s the worst player in the world train, but if THAT is our solution for a 30 year old defender that has a ton of mistakes in him we are the biggest morons on the planet and we deserve to lose everything.

People whinge about Michael Keane and think Harry freakin Maguire for 30mil would be a valid solution to our backline. On THOSE wages. PASS
lol

I wouldn't be signing an over rated thirty year old confidence player like Maguire, even if we could afford him and we definitely can't.
“We are looking for stability in our backline. Who should we target my dear Kev?”

“Back from the night out Frahad my lad. So I hear you like meme footballers…”

You gonna let him talk to you like that mate?
Live footage from Sainsburys car park....

1000013288.jpg

These are silly to speculate on really as they could be incredible or not good enough, we won’t know until they play a bit. Both have the attributes to be outstanding players but they’re young without proving it at premier league level.

Mina is the only real miss imo so hopefully Branthwaite can step up.

I think we’ll be stronger this season than last purely because Dyche is better than Lampard and I’m weirdly optimistic we’ll have another decent signing before the end of the window.
Those players can’t make us weaker surely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back