Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has good feet but the trouble is he doesn't know what to do with the ball they carry. Head down trying to slalom through challenge after challenge.

I said a while ago about Gnonto: he is not a team player. A team player has their head up and only reverts to jinking in and out of 2/3 defenders as a very last resort...but that's his starting point.

Undoubtedly he has skills, but he has no discipline or judgment and therefore is not a PL standard player.
Spot on.

Just when you think this club couldn’t get any more bizarre! From what I’ve just been told, next week is going to be a strange ride. Why can’t the owner and chairman stop bloody meddling?!!
Oh it can get a lot worse than the current situation, I have no doubt! But what meddling could be at foot from the dynamic duo this week?

Blatantly obvious we need creativity in the midfield. Yesterday showed that again - repeatedly balls hit up to DCL/Maupay with the one issue then being whether they could control them (and if they did all they did was play it backwards). Seldom did anyone hold the ball in the middle and make a pass for CF to run onto behind the defence. All very predictable and seems to be the manager's tactics. Leeds, Burnley and Fulham are after Gus Hamer from Coventry - £10m/£12m being the likely price as only 1 year left on his contract. A very creative player. We aren't linked with him or any player of that style but watch out for him next season. These players are out there but we seem to have a blinkered view to bring in young wingers of the type who will produce infrequent moments of skill, but not reliable crossers of the ball.
Couldn’t agree more,no lock picker in there,having said that,even a creator in there needs the wingers/wing backs/forwards making intelligent runs to hit them,this team of ours,it kills me to say it but we play the most boring,uninspired football I think in the league,sideways,backwards no invention,slow paced,no tempo,I really haven’t seen anything in pre season to tell me a metamorphosis will take place and this is no criticism of Dyche and his staff who in the main have got some sort of tune out of them to keep our head above water.

Exactly the same height as Sterling? Blowing every penny we have on him would be very very bold. Like watching him whiz about for sure. Be great for bums to leave seats now and then for a change, but every £ needs to be aimed at points. No idea if he would deliver anything more than occasional excitement in our lineup. We are obscenely pedestrian though.

If there were never any links at all about him leaving this summer, I don’t think that many would have been gagging to sign him.

It would be a gamble has he’s still really young and inexperienced in the premier league but he’s got the talent definitely. But this is where we are, we have to buy these types because ready made players are going for double that and more which we really can’t afford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back