Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tier danger for kids.
200.gif

Surely 23 is past the academy level and he would be purchased for the first team. I can understand an academy player wanting to leave if 1st team opportunities are not there. Look at City and the players they lost over the last few years that have gone on to be worth huge money, it is very difficult to keep academy players if they are not offered 1st team football

Was making a blanket statement that no one with options at that age is jumping at the chance to play for us. Even if you see the academy lot diving overboard

There will be takers for Holgate, Keane, Godfrey Iwobi and Maupay if you're creative enough. Use them as leverage in deals where we're interested in a player from the buying club, offer to put up x% for the player's wage, get the players ostracised from the rest of the squad and training with the under 12s and tell them they need to leave if they want to continue their career.

Seems young Kev is simply waiting for a mysterious club to come knocking at our door waving £15m at us for our poo players.

i don’t see any…

Very high potential as i kept saying at the time... @Eggs unfortunately opposed to the deal.

Kenwright popped on here, read @Eggs opinion and the rest...is history

Looked awful when I've seen him. Like a poor man's John Stones.

May have improved like.

But then thats why he'd be looked at over Maguire... someone better on the ball

Very high potential as i kept saying at the time... @Eggs unfortunately opposed to the deal.

Kenwright popped on here, read @Eggs opinion and the rest...is history

….I remember him being in one of your lists, which really put me off. You must be talking about his brother :bye:

BK used to stand next to me in the Boys Pen, he was 28 at the time.

12 million is almost double and we aren't in a position to rely on a maybe. And if it is £2m down that just highlights the position we are in. But hey we are being reportedly link with a Chelsea player who'll allegedly cost £40m plus.

And still being linked to Maguire who West Ham are in for for £30m plus…

I think we must feel there’s some money coming in due to sales soon so that’s why we seem to be in for players

And still being linked to Maguire who West Ham are in for for £30m plus…

I think we must feel there’s some money coming in due to sales soon so that’s why we seem to be in for players
You do realise it's agents feeding their social media mates ?

Transfer window slams shut September 1st. We have 3 matches before that.

My question is, when do we think our next signing will happen (excluding Chermiti), and how much of a part will they play in those opening fixtures?

I think young will be the only one to start on opening day and maybe Danjuma off the bench. I don't expect Chermiti to receive any significant minutes until maybe late in the season and likely only due to someone being injured.

I anticipate making maybe 2 more signings right at the end of the window, missing out on any of the main targets. And I don't expect them to be ready to participate in matches until around the end of September.

Like last year, we are essentially playing our first 5-6 matches without the squad available to play being any stronger than the previous year. Not good for a team barely escaping relegation two years in a row.

Was making a blanket statement that no one with options at that age is jumping at the chance to play for us. Even if you see the academy lot diving overboard
Tbh, I find it difficult to believe that players would not want to play for Everton, even if there are options. Obviously, if City or United are the option then it would be near impossible to attract the player but I think Everton offers a lot more than many clubs in the PL. I think a lot of the 'lost' signings are not down to the player rejecting Everton but the player's club rejecting Everton due to getting a better financial package from a different club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back