Summer transfer window 2023

Morning mates and welcome to the 10th of August Everton transfer 💩 show…..

I’ve included multiple sources for the same rumours as it adds a bit of flavour and gets our hopes up just that little bit more.

Manchester United, fresh off the £72m acquisition of Danish forward Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta, are turning their attention to reinforcing their midfield. With a £60m arrival of Mason Mount and a £43m move for goalkeeper Andre Onana already in the bag, the Red Devils are far from done this transfer window reveal Daily Mail who report that Fiorentina’s Sofyan Amrabat has emerged as the Red Devils’ prime target, his sparkling performances for Morocco during the World Cup making him a standout choice. Despite a notable shortlist that included Everton’s Amadou Onana, the 21-year-old Belgium international was ruled out as too expensive.

According to Fabrizio Romano, who provided an update via Twitter (8 August), negotiations are ongoing between the Toffees and PSG over a loan deal for striker Hugo Ekitike.

In addition to this, the Daily Mail have reported in their print edition (8 August, page 63) that contact has been made with Leicester City regarding a deal to bring Zambian striker Patson Daka to Goodison Park.

Reporter Fabrice Hawkins explained that Luis Enrique has asked Hugo Ekitike to leave the club this summer (can we not do this with a few players??). The Toffees are joined by Borussia Dortmund and a few other clubs in the chase to sign the 21-year-old. Sport1 chief reporter Patrick Berger took to Twitter to explain that Everton are ‘really pushing’ to take the striker who has been left out of the Ligue 1 side’s plans.

Paris Saint-Germain have accepted an offer from Everton for Hugo Ekitike. That’s according to Sports Zone, who have claimed that their bid of €35m plus €5m in bonuses (£34.5m) has been successful and it is now up to the youngster to decide where he wants to go.

Everton may now see Niels Nkounkou make a Bundesliga move just weeks after completing a permanent exit from Goodison Park. Niels Nkounkou only left Everton a few weeks ago but Saint-Etienne may already sell him on for a profit. Fussball Transfers report that Eintracht Frankfurt have now agreed a deal to sign Nkounkou for around €8.5million (£7.35million).

L’Equipe reported just days ago that Everton do hold a 30% sell-on clause with Nkounkou. If that’s based on the whole fee then Everton will receive an extra £2.2million, but if it’s on the profit of the deal it’s closer to £1.7million.

Brace yourselves for incomings as;
Everton will not be making any new signings bar Youssef Chermiti before their Premier League clash against Fulham on Saturday, 12 August, according to Alan Myers. The Sky Sports journalist reported on Wednesday (9 August) that there are no announcements lined up ahead of the weekend.

Sporting Club de Portugal striker Chermiti has finally travelled to England to complete a medical and sign for Everton. ‘bureaucratic issues’ holding up the deal have now been resolved. Everton have had a deal in place with Sporting for well over a week and had been expected to announce the move late last week, perhaps even before their Saturday friendly with Sporting at Goodison Park

Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto reportedly requested to be left out of the Whites’ squad against Shrewsbury Town on Wednesday to try and force a transfer. The 19-year-old, who Leeds are desperate to keep hold of for the season ahead, wants to move following intrigue from Premier League clubs Aston Villa, Everton and Burnley.

Some insight to the Gordon deal courtesy of 442s take on the barcodes Amazon documentary.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/i-...ubs-pound40m-transfer-deal-for-anthony-gordon

Most of the time this is done it's actually at the behest of clubs so they can save face and the player loses their loyalty bonus, thus saving the club money.

The player doing it of their own accord isn't as common.
I just believe this theory (which I’ve heard a few times).
Once loved player now hated by the fans cos the club told him to pretend he’s downed tools to save them face/money

Nobody was complaining last year when kudus went on strike.

This is why we aren’t allowed nice things. Everyone pretends they have morals and values.

It’s football ffs. Survival of the dirty.

Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve​

Yep, it's the difference between getting a win instead of a draw, or snatching a draw late on and your subs come on and help you grab a point.

You need options, creativity and people who can hit the back of the net.

We're currently banking on either DCL or Danjuma to be fit otherwise its 1 goal a season Maupay leading the line on his own.
Could also be missing Tarks, Mcneil and we know Gray is missing