Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
3FED17E6-4278-42B4-A1CF-7E40F2AE3C84.webp

I am really concerned that if we don't pull our finger out with a striker target soon, one of the many clubs that need one, such as West Ham, will get whoever we are after.
100%. Stinks of "We tried really hard but was a difficult market"
Still no striker.

The Harrison pantomime has provided a bit of light relief but we shouldn’t kid ourselves.

The striker situation is negligence on a scale never seen before in professional sport.
Not seen since last summer AND the following January when we did it. Trailblazers.

The bobble reporting that Leeds have entered the race to sign Cannon . I wonder will that sweeten the deal for Gnoto ?

Please EFC just get a striker who is fit and ready to start so we don’t have to endure Maupay upfront against Villa come Sunday

The bobble reporting that Leeds have entered the race to sign Cannon . I wonder will that sweeten the deal for Gnoto ?

Please EFC just get a striker who is fit and ready to start so we don’t have to endure Maupay upfront against Villa come Sunday
A loan swap for Cannon for Gnoto would be great and think it would benefit both clubs. I would hate for Cannon to go on a permanent deal as I think he can turn into a very decent striker

At the risk of being 'one' of those guys, if we were to get Harrison, Gnonto and Beto, a squad like this would easily keep us up.

Goalkeepers:
Pickford
Virginia

Defenders
LB: Young, Mykolenko
CB: Tarkowski, Godfrey
CB: Branthwaite, Keane
RB: Patterson, Coleman

Midfielders
CM: Onana, Garner, Gana
ACM: Doucoure, Iwobi, Dele

Forwards:
LW: McNeil, Gnonto, Dobbin
RW: Danjuma, Harrison
CF: DCL, Beto, Chermitti

That is a squad of 24.

It would allow Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Gray and Maupay to leave permanently. Would also allow for Cannon to go and potentially Dobbin on loan as well.

In the absolute best case scenario, one of Godfrey or Keane go out and we get another experienced CB.

Overly optimisic, but there is a pathway and would allow us to use future windows to improve the foundations of the squad as opposed to being so focused on clearing out high wage dross.

Of course a striker but also wouldn't mind an additional centreback.

Not a world beater but surprised we didn't take up the Coady option

Having so much capital in terms of wages/registration places wrapped up in
Dele
Gomes
Gbamin
Gray
Holgate

Is a huge problem. Sure Gray reportedly is off but we can't hold on to all of these guys and not play them.

Last edited:
My concern is we keep on getting linked to relegated players and it risks you being a side comprising of ex Burnley and Leeds players. One or two are PL level but rest obviously not

My concern is we keep on getting linked to relegated players and it risks you being a side comprising of ex Burnley and Leeds players. One or two are PL level but rest obviously not
I don’t mind the Leeds attacking players, it was their defence which cost them PL survival. I’d be more concerned if we were trying to sign Ayling or any other Leeds defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back