Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning mates and welcome to the Everton transfer update for 19th of August…..

Sean Dyche has revealed that Everton are waiting for offers to land for wantaway midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin. Asked by LiverpoolWorld about Gbamin’s situation, the Blues manager said: “There is no news at the moment but he's not back with us at the moment. We're monitoring his situation. We'll wait and see. We need an offer to come in first.”

Everton have now made an offer for Southampton and Scotland striker Che Adams worth in the region of £12m, per journalist Alex Crook. He explained the situation live on TalkSport, with the clip then being posted to their YouTube channel:

Fabrizio Romano has reported on Twitter that Everton could make a bid again for Leeds United winger Wilfried Gnonto. The Italian journalist has claimed that Everton are prepared to make a new offer for Leeds United and Italy international winger Wilfried Gnonto in the summer transfer window.

IMG_8398.jpeg

Everton have spent the lion's share of the past few weeks negotiating with Leeds United for the transfer of Italy international Wilfried Gnonto following the Whites' relegation from the Premier League. According to Sky Sports, the 19-year-old has been subject to four formal transfer offers, with the latest totalling £25m, but the Elland Road side obstinately reject his potential departure, despite the forward's refusal to play as he attempts to force a move.

According to Belgian journalist Sacha Tavolieri, the Toffees are in talks for exciting 20-year-old wide man Johan Bakayoko and are believed to be preparing an official transfer bid.

According to RMC Sport journalist Fabrice Hawkins, Everton are pursuing Paris Saint-Germain forward Hugo Ekitike and hope to beat the advances of AC Milan and Eintracht Frankfurt to his signature. While the Ligue 1 champions "haven't received any written offers yet", the Blues are hoping to advance negotiations, though will have to cough up €35m (£30m) for the 21-year-old's services.

It'll start to dawn on some people in the next few days that Gnonto and Adams aren't happening and then the panic will set in as we enter the final days of this window as they realise that Everton have done a number on them again by trailing stories like these via stooges like Myers etc to run down the clock without getting a forward in.

How can anyone be so naive? How many times do you have to be tricked to learn a lesson?

It'll start to dawn on some people in the next few days that Gnonto and Adams aren't happening and then the panic will set in as we enter the final days of this window as they realise that Everton have done a number on them again by trailing stories like these via stooges like Myers etc to run down the clock without getting a forward in.

How can anyone be so naive? How many times do you have to be tricked to learn a lesson?

Speaking personally, id say another 3 windows for me. lol

... then last day of the window the club pulls a major 'coup' out of nowhere, something like Kieffer Moore from Bournemouth for £20m, and a majority of fans celebrate as if it's been a hugely successful window after all.

... then last day of the window the club pulls a major 'coup' out of nowhere, something like Kieffer Moore from Bournemouth for £20m, and a majority of fans celebrate as if it's been a hugely successful window after all.
I dont even see that.

Gnonto will soon be snapped up as we all expected by another club and the Adams 'interest' will evaporate.

People just dont learn.

I'd say it's 90% certain we dont get another forward in. Unless one just falls into our lap unexpectedly for a crazy knock down deal.

More likely scenario is Everton sell Onana in the final days of the window and bank the cash. I'd put that at about 50% likely.

If we haven’t got 3 points from the next 3 fixtures we are in for another long and arduous season again.

They have so far brought in 3 players who aren’t even ready to come into the starting XI, one of them already injured, one a 19 year old who’s played a handful of games and a 38 year old left back.

Once again, the owners and board have gambled on the clubs future in the PL by not giving the manager the tools he needs to get a settled squad prior to the season starting.

If we haven’t got 3 points from the next 3 fixtures we are in for another long and arduous season again.

They have so far brought in 3 players who aren’t even ready to come into the starting XI, one of them already injured, one a 19 year old who’s played a handful of games and a 38 year old left back.

Once again, the owners and board have gambled on the clubs future in the PL by not giving the manager the tools he needs to get a settled squad prior to the season starting.
They had one major task since last January: bring in a forward that can make the difference. They have failed again.

This transfer window as it stands is an epic fail.

The 35m plus that we’ve stuck on the table for Adams and Gnonto probably gets you a good crack at Beto plus either the lad from Porto or the lad from Troyes who have been mentioned as cheaper wing options.

I get that they want to have faith in DCL getting clear of the injury problems but surely with wingers already in investing more in the striker makes more sense.

Week two of the season and still no striker signed.

Not only that, we are publicly haggling with Southampton and Leeds over two low grade players.

I dont even see that.

Gnonto will soon be snapped up as we all expected by another club and the Adams 'interest' will evaporate.

People just dont learn.

I'd say it's 90% certain we dont get another forward in. Unless one just falls into our lap unexpectedly for a crazy knock down deal.

More likely scenario is Everton sell Onana in the final days of the window and bank the cash. I'd put that at about 50% likely.

The problem we have, is Moshiri is looking for cash to keep paying for the stadium. That's where the Gordon and Kean cash went. He may look at 60/70m as it keeps the wheels turning for another 3 months.

That's the mindset him and Kenwright are in.

I still think we may go for loans.

The problem we have, is Moshiri is looking for cash to keep paying for the stadium. That's where the Gordon and Kean cash went. He may look at 60/70m as it keeps the wheels turning for another 3 months.

That's the mindset him and Kenwright are in.

I still think we may go for loans.

Thats been my mindset for the past few weeks mate, i think we are in the vacuum of a sale with an owner who doesn't want to spend or invest any more and every penny is going toward the ground as opposed to him adding anything further.

I haven't wanted to be too negative, but all our signings are on the never, never and point to it.

Thats been my mindset for the past few weeks mate, i think we are in the vacuum of a sale with an owner who doesn't want to spend or invest any more and every penny is going toward the ground as opposed to him adding anything further.

I haven't wanted to be too negative, but all our signings are on the never, never and point to it.

I can't work Moshiri out, as there have been buyers. There have been buyers from the MIddle East, 777 and MSP who want to buy in, and he hasn't taken the money and scared them off (to date). But on the flip side, he makes rash, short term decisions.

I think he knows the stadium has to be built for him to get any value. In a lot of ways, it's more important than even having a PL club. If MSP/Andy Bell didn't let him money I'm convinced it would have been a player.

It's a really difficult situation. Exacerbate by BK who also puts his own needs ahead of what the club requires.

I think FM is get to the ground opening, as a PL club. The ground is potentially a 1bn asset given it's location, a PL club may be say a 3-400m asset. Deduct say the 300m owed on the stadium and you still get a much better asking price than he's now being offered. If I was attributing rational thought to him, that would be what I suggest his thinking is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back