Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 35m plus that we’ve stuck on the table for Adams and Gnonto probably gets you a good crack at Beto plus either the lad from Porto or the lad from Troyes who have been mentioned as cheaper wing options.

I get that they want to have faith in DCL getting clear of the injury problems but surely with wingers already in investing more in the striker makes more sense.

I think the Pozzo's are very hard to deal with. That's part of the issue.

The 35m plus that we’ve stuck on the table for Adams and Gnonto probably gets you a good crack at Beto plus either the lad from Porto or the lad from Troyes who have been mentioned as cheaper wing options.

I get that they want to have faith in DCL getting clear of the injury problems but surely with wingers already in investing more in the striker makes more sense.
Is Beto worth that though that’s the question. I know him not being called che adams might make him worth it to some people but he doesn’t really look worth it to me for 10 serie a goals a season and no caps at age 25 he just seems like adams with an exotic name.

Anyone else watched the Newcastle documentary on amazon prime? They talked about the Antony Gordon transfer .. Newcastle actually paid the £40m upfront,!! Its no wonder we took the deal as we needed the cash!

I dont even see that.

Gnonto will soon be snapped up as we all expected by another club and the Adams 'interest' will evaporate.

People just dont learn.

I'd say it's 90% certain we dont get another forward in. Unless one just falls into our lap unexpectedly for a crazy knock down deal.

More likely scenario is Everton sell Onana in the final days of the window and bank the cash. I'd put that at about 50% likely.
What is the point in this post?

Is Beto worth that though that’s the question. I know him not being called che adams might make him worth it to some people but he doesn’t really look worth it to me for 10 serie a goals a season and no caps at age 25 he just seems like adams with an exotic name.
Sure. I should probably have said “someone like Beto”. My point was that given our deficiency up front if we are allocating 25m to a winger and 12m to the striker then we’d maybe be better allocating up to 30 for the striker then, with Danjuma and Harrison already in, taking a punt on one of the cheaper wing options linked.

I can't work Moshiri out, as there have been buyers. There have been buyers from the MIddle East, 777 and MSP who want to buy in, and he hasn't taken the money and scared them off (to date). But on the flip side, he makes rash, short term decisions.

I think he knows the stadium has to be built for him to get any value. In a lot of ways, it's more important than even having a PL club. If MSP/Andy Bell didn't let him money I'm convinced it would have been a player.

It's a really difficult situation. Exacerbate by BK who also puts his own needs ahead of what the club requires.

I think FM is get to the ground opening, as a PL club. The ground is potentially a 1bn asset given it's location, a PL club may be say a 3-400m asset. Deduct say the 300m owed on the stadium and you still get a much better asking price than he's now being offered. If I was attributing rational thought to him, that would be what I suggest his thinking is.

Oh he wants out mate. He has not a care n the world for what the next owner of Everton will do or the clubs welfare, he just wants gone and gone before the next big cash call comes in from Lang. An MSP stake was all but done, but he went back to 777 - who are trying to do a full take over now - questionable if they can raise the finance but they would be bad for us. Hes constantly going between interested parties trying to get the best deal for himself to mitigate his losses - that the delay, that's his priority and not to get caught holding the parcel when the stadium fund is required. He doesn't care what happens to Everton next.

What that means for us, is he is happy to flog anything that moves to captailise the club without him investing anymore while all this is going on - see Gordon and Kean. I dont think people really have acknowledged or realized this and are putting everything down to FFP - its not.

I believe Bill has Moshiri over a barrel, there is an agreement in place that he has to buy Bills remining shares at a certain price, if Bill sells - he isnt prepared to this, thus Bill exists within the vacuum and continues to have an influence.

Im not at all as optimistic as you mate, i have a real concern about our next owners, funding the ground and the club at the moment and a concern our next owners are gong to be worse then what we have now and that is entirely possible.

I think the club is in one of its most dangerous positions in its history at the moment, and its getting more dangerous by the week. I dont say that lightly or want to be melodramatic but im concerned, i also think that most haven't cottoned on to what really going on and the window is a huge distraction and stuff is being explained away on FFP.

Last edited:
Oh he want out mate. He has not a care n the world for what the next owner of Everton will do or the clubs welfare, he just wants gone and gone before the next big cash call comes in from Lang. An MSP stake was all but done, but he went back to 777 - who are trying to do a full take over now - questionable if they can raise the finance but they would be bad for us. Hes constantly going between interested parties trying to get the best deal for himself to mitigate his losses - that the delay, that's his priority and not to get caught holding the parcel when the stadium fund is required. He doesn't care what happens to Everton next.

What that means for us, is he is happy to flog anything that moves to captailise the club without him investing anymore while all this is going on - see Gordon and Kean. I dont think people really have acknowledged or realized this and are putting everything down to FFP - its not.

I believe Bill has Moshiri over a barrel, there is an agreement in place that he has to buy Bills remining shares at a certain price, if Bill sells - he isnt prepared to this, thus Bill exists within the vacuum and continues to have an influence.

Im not at all as optimistic as you mate, i have a real concern about our nest owners, funding the ground and the club at the moment and a concern our next owners are gong to be worse then what we have now and that is entirely possible.

I think the club is in one of its most dangerous positions in its history at the moment, and its getting more dangerous by the week. I dont say that lightly, i also think the most have cottoned on to what really going on and the window is a huge distraction and stuff is being explained away on FFP.

I think he wants to sell, but isn't getting the price he wants, and thinks he may get more by waiting. But he has to keep funding the stadium.

Cash is the biggest problem not FFP. And yes, Gordon and Kean went to the stadium.

I don't think BK's position is that strong. His shares don't entitle him to be on the board. If someone bought Moshiri's shares, they could automatically buy Bills at the same price if they wished. There is some suggestion Bill "knows things" and may be leveraging this.

I'm not positive at all. I think MSP would be no better really, and the same with 777. I've been very critical of both.

There are frankly lots of pretty awful outcomes that could happen from this. One is Moshiri sells the stadium, perhaps in exchange for a long term lease agreement, and pockets the cash. He could sell the club and not repay Bell/MSP and leave them to sue the club. There's a few awful outcomes. and I'd rule nothing out from him and Kenwright. I don't think people fully appreciate the selfishness and corruption of both.

So I am in no way optimistic.

Evertonians have become so conditioned to slag off every link & every transfer these days it's genuinely nuts. Toxic, even.
The difference is I’ve seen forum rumours appear on sky sports as a link.
So many websites using anything for clickbait, and them being true 0.001% of the time shows that Evertonians are pretty much right every single time.

The difference is I’ve seen forum rumours appear on sky sports as a link.
So many websites using anything for clickbait, and them being true 0.001% of the time shows that Evertonians are pretty much right every single time.
I mean slagging off the players in question, not the 'news sites' that report them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back