Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have binned off Adams and got Lukaku.

But hey Clown Club .
Genuinely the fact that you've watched this team for the past 2 years and think not only are we above Adams, who outscored all of our strikers combined last year, but worse you think Lukaku would bother to come to us, the striker who played in the Champions League final last year, cost like £200m+ in total transfer fees and is currently on £300k+ a week.

This is exactly what I mean when I say our fans need a heavy dose of realism. Adams is our level now, Lukaku has literally probably close to 100 clubs that would be better for him to choose from, that's not exaggerating.

Genuinely the fact that you've watched this team for the past 2 years and think not only are we above Adams, who outscored all of our strikers combined last year, but worse you think Lukaku would bother to come to us, the striker who played in the Champions League final last year, cost like £200m+ in total transfer fees and is currently on £300k+ a week.

This is exactly what I mean when I say our fans need a heavy dose of realism. Adams is our level now, Lukaku has literally probably close to 100 clubs that would be better for him to choose from, that's not exaggerating.

You say that like it’s some noteworthy achievement that I’m meant to be impressed by, he scored 5. Dwight McNeil, a defensive winger, outscored him.

This is exactly what I mean when I say our fans need a heavy dose of realism. Adams is our level now
I would argue that the fact we are not a top club makes it even more vital that we have a coherent development plan. That means bringing in players of reasonable quality that we can afford and then sell on when their stock rises. We're the 17th best team in the Premiership. That's our level. Adams isn't good enough to play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back