Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Godfrey
Tarkowski
Gueye
Doucoure
Harrison
Danjuma
Mcneil
And if they sign..
Adams
Gnonto

Squad is full of players who are experts in getting relegated.

You become your focus. We are focused on bargains from relegated teams. We therefore become a team of players used to getting relegated.....
Experts in relegation imply they are really good at it, and are able to consistently do it, so let's take a look at some of your list:
Pickford - Relegated once 16/17; Joined Everton 17/18; England's no.1 GK
Gueye - Relegated 15/16; Joined Everton 16/17; sold for £30m; 5 trophies and 1 UCL runner up in 2 years; return to Everton for £4m
Danjuma - Relegated in his first season at Bournemouth 19/20; joined Villarreal 21/22 became top goalscorer and reach UCL semis

The rest of these players have been relegated once and you can hardly blame individual players for a clubs relegation. Leeds had Ted Lasso as a manager for half a season and Southampton hired a manager on work experience

In an ideal world yes but do you believe this squad can play progressive football? Lampard failed trying. I don't see it I see being solid and counter attacking or direct as our only chance. I am disappointed that Dyche hasn't made us more solid with a preseason of work, but the injuries have hampered us and the club hasn't helped him, if we had a decent striker in we would have won last week, instead after yesterday's shambles we have thrown away another start to the season, shocking and very concerning.
You’re just making excuses for dyche, lampard and he wasn’t good enough but he had loads of injuries. No Mina or DCL for the majority of his 12 months in charge.

We have a crap squad so whoever the manger is and whatever style is, it’s going to be tough. But if danjuma is fit to come on after 30mins he should have started. He’s trying to play counter attack with James garner on one wing and iwobi on the other, when you have dobbin who has pace and can get up the pitch, not ideal. But it’s negative imo

The Keane situation is a disgrace after dropping him with 4 games to go last season. I want a manager like what Brentford or Brighton have, who wants to play the right way long term and build something and not a manager who’s happy to let Fulham yes Fulham to have 75% possession in the first half, first game of the season on our own patch. Or Bournemouth coming to goodison with the flip flops on and having over 60% possession. It’s embarrassing

Who’s happy to have cart horses like doucoure playing as our number 10/ spit striker or whatever you want to call it. Just because he’s big and strong and runs all day and gets the odd goal. But technically is horrendous. Yet dyche plays him every minute of every game. He’s a dinosaur stuck in the 90’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back