Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take him, we've watched Maupay commit crimes for a year and a half.

In all seriousness I don't see Greenwood having a career in England again for the foreseeable future.
No club should touch him. If United are getting shot then any others should adopt same moral high ground regardless.

Lorient fans also protested at Mendy debut at weekend. No fans want their reputation sullied by a poor decision. Recently happened in Scottish Lower leagues where a loophole got a case overturned and i think Raith signed the accused. Fans rallied and he was gone.

No club should touch him. If United are getting shot then any others should adopt same moral high ground regardless.

Lorient fans also protested at Mendy debut at weekend. No fans want their reputation sullied by a poor decision. Recently happened in Scottish Lower leagues where a loophole got a case overturned and i think Raith signed the accused. Fans rallied and he was gone.
Mad that Marcos Alonso had a successful career TBH

In light of this latest Calvert-Lewin injury, wonder if we'll enquire about taking Broja on loan for the season from Chelsea.
Only one domestic loan to play with and imo we need to use it to get an established quality starter either at centre half (Dier, Maguire) or centre mid (Phillips, Gallagher). It’s so valuable in our position I’d be reluctant to waste it on a backup or a youngster.

Only one domestic loan to play with and imo we need to use it to get an established quality starter either at centre half (Dier, Maguire) or centre mid (Phillips, Gallagher). It’s so valuable in our position I’d be reluctant to waste it on a backup or a youngster.
:Blink:
Phillips or Gallagher available for loan?
Heard nothing about that tbh, especially Gallagher, he'll be playing a lot for Chelsea

You’re just making excuses for dyche, lampard and he wasn’t good enough but he had loads of injuries. No Mina or DCL for the majority of his 12 months in charge.

We have a crap squad so whoever the manger is and whatever style is, it’s going to be tough. But if danjuma is fit to come on after 30mins he should have started. He’s trying to play counter attack with James garner on one wing and iwobi on the other, when you have dobbin who has pace and can get up the pitch, not ideal. But it’s negative imo

The Keane situation is a disgrace after dropping him with 4 games to go last season. I want a manager like what Brentford or Brighton have, who wants to play the right way long term and build something and not a manager who’s happy to let Fulham yes Fulham to have 75% possession in the first half, first game of the season on our own patch. Or Bournemouth coming to goodison with the flip flops on and having over 60% possession. It’s embarrassing

Who’s happy to have cart horses like doucoure playing as our number 10/ spit striker or whatever you want to call it. Just because he’s big and strong and runs all day and gets the odd goal. But technically is horrendous. Yet dyche plays him every minute of every game. He’s a dinosaur stuck in the 90’s
You just said it yourself the squad isn't good enough and that's the main issue. I'm not making excuses for Dyche I was pointing out the situation on the wings and up front, yes despite the injures he got it wrong yesterday yes and his selections and tactics have been poor so far as you say he's playing square pegs in round holes currently, and if he doesn't sort it he will go too but the deeper issues remain at the club, mismanagement and recruitment. I'm not even a Dyche fan he's limited but he isn't the first manager they have thrown under the bus, give a manager the tools such as a striker and a competent squad then it's easier to judge them to be honest. How many managers have we had now? When do we stop just laying it ALL on the manager, when the players mentality is rotten and the board and owner are hapless incompetent clowns? We wouldn't be on zero points with a striker who could finish in the team last week. We wouldn't have thrown away the first five games last season too. The club is such a shambles I am not convinced tactics that aren't just making us hard to beat and counter attacking/direct will work. Look what Carlo did for instance even he worked it out. You could drop Potter in here and it would be a even bigger carcrash seriously, we don't have the footballers.

Last edited:
Things are painfully quiet currently, it is not a fun time to be an Evertonian currently (has it ever?)

This is probably the first time this summer that I've started to feel very nervous, we need signings in the door 100%

The more I think about it the more I think the club, more specifically the recruitment department, have no idea what they are doing...

If your model of a striker is DCL then Chermitti makes sense and Che Adams doesn`t, but signing someone who is no use for years makes no sense when we need reinforcements now.

If Maupay is not the way forward in terms of strikers then why are we buying Che Adams who is the same size.

This recruitment team is absolutely clueless, they will send us down, there is literally no plan whatsoever, no consistency and they change what they are looking for on a daily basis.

Well run sides have a profile for each position and work to that, not this negligent flip flopping.... I`m sorry but I think Thelwell (Kopite Kev) is an overwhelming failure EVEN with the financial constraints put in place. He has no idea what he is doing.....

The more I think about it the more I think the club, more specifically the recruitment department, have no idea what they are doing...

If your model of a striker is DCL then Chermitti makes sense and Che Adams doesn`t, but signing someone who is no use for years makes no sense when we need reinforcements now.

If Maupay is not the way forward in terms of strikers then why are we buying Che Adams who is the same size.

This recruitment team is absolutely clueless, they will send us down, there is literally no plan whatsoever, no consistency and they change what they are looking for on a daily basis.

Well run sides have a profile for each position and work to that, not this negligent flip flopping.... I`m sorry but I think Thelwell (Kopite Kev) is an overwhelming failure EVEN with the financial constraints put in place. He has no idea what he is doing.....
Brands was the Benitez scapegoat and was forced to resign, I think Brands is a good DoF, he has the record before AND after Everton but he was hung out to dry by an incompetent chairman and owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back