Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to reduce all our woes down to a striker replacement but the dispiriting and bleak reality is that our squad is atrocious throughout with numerous deficiencies in the squad. Other than danjuma and mcneil , our only outright senior wingers we have no one who can create chances or goals. We have no creativity in midfield presently (garner in the future potentially) , no defensive anchor as gueye isn't capable of sitting back and playing the ball. We lack any depth ib defense with Walking calamity micheal Keane seems to be a guaranteed starter despite the fact his name on the teamsheet guarantees the opposition at least one goal. Then our fullback situation is problematic as well , none of the younger fullbacks we obtained sèem to be realizing their promise and the alternatives are in their mid to late 30s. Then of course another striker who can be fit provide structure to our play and actually score a goal. So unless some miracles happen recruitment wise in the fleeting amount of time remaining in this transfer window its looking like another tumultuous season of despair

I don't know that I agree.

I feel like if that type of signing went through, I would think "Yeah, this seems exactly like the type of thing Bill Kenwright's Everton would do."

It feels almost on brand with the type of poor decision making that is the calling card of Kenwright and Moshiri.
There’s a difference between bad decision making and amoral decision making. The club did the right thing with Gylfi even though it came at great cost.

There are more good people at Everton than bad so please don’t suggest signing Greenwood is the sort of thing Everton would do. The club has a good heart that is way bigger than whoever happens to own the shares at any given time. It would never be allowed to happen.

Experts in relegation imply they are really good at it, and are able to consistently do it, so let's take a look at some of your list:
Pickford - Relegated once 16/17; Joined Everton 17/18; England's no.1 GK
Gueye - Relegated 15/16; Joined Everton 16/17; sold for £30m; 5 trophies and 1 UCL runner up in 2 years; return to Everton for £4m
Danjuma - Relegated in his first season at Bournemouth 19/20; joined Villarreal 21/22 became top goalscorer and reach UCL semis

The rest of these players have been relegated once and you can hardly blame individual players for a clubs relegation. Leeds had Ted Lasso as a manager for half a season and Southampton hired a manager on work experience

Strong spine then. Phew. There was me worrying we'd be in another relegation battle...

There’s a difference between bad decision making and amoral decision making. The club did the right thing with Gylfi even though it came at great cost.

There are more good people at Everton than bad so please don’t suggest signing Greenwood is the sort of thing Everton would do. The club has a good heart that is way bigger than whoever happens to own the shares at any given time. It would never be allowed to happen.
I believe in the good people at the club. Bill is not one of them however, and he seems to do whatever he wants regardless of the good people at Everton.

I hope you are correct.

50 appearences in all comps at 24, clearly this lad has either been plagued with injuries or else is crap because there's no way he couldn't have gotten in at Spurs over the last few years if he was alright and available.
I can't speak on his quality but spurs had a tendency of doing a lower budget version of what Chelsea are doing now and would horde players in certain positions especially defense. So he could be lackluster but also could be an issue of too many established players in his position to make an impression especially when you look at the recent managers at spurs. , who were not typically fond of developing youth

I don't know that I agree.

I feel like if that type of signing went through, I would think "Yeah, this seems exactly like the type of thing Bill Kenwright's Everton would do."

It feels almost on brand with the type of poor decision making that is the calling card of Kenwright and Moshiri.

Nah. I’d actually say we are just about the least likely club to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back