Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have been following Beto for some time and in January they had been close to the blow, offering Udinese 25 million plus bonuses. Then there wasn't the time needed to close but this time the English club has a week to negotiate and is willing to try again. According to Gianluca Di Marzio the situation this time could have a different ending
We tried 😔

Everton have been following Beto for some time and in January they had been close to the blow, offering Udinese 25 million plus bonuses. Then there wasn't the time needed to close but this time the English club has a week to negotiate and is willing to try again. According to Gianluca Di Marzio the situation this time could have a different ending
Don't think Di Marzio read about the MSP update before he filed his copy! 😆

Onana will if anyone. I'm about 50% 'certain' he'll leave....and the cash will be banked.
He is the cash cow the club have been sitting on. Sadly he’s been borderline crap so another nail in the otherwise brilliant plan.

The stupid thing is he shouldn’t be sold in response to MSP pulling out, or X players price going up, or injuries elsewhere requiring reinforcements. If the club always had a plan to use him as an investment, a non-brain dead club would have sold the second the window opened with no need for any acrimony.

@davek is calling it right here. This one is the prime candidate to be sold to “re-balance the squad”, then miraculously run out of time “everyone working very hard I’ve seen them tough window FC” to spend the money. Loans and players coming out of retirement in Jan to save us.

Credit to the lad for not begging for a move to be fair. I’m his biggest critic, but the fact he hasn’t gone on strike makes me respect him unconditionally.

He is done at Chelsea. Juve and Inter as well. It is certainly worth a phone call. Become the legend he craves, but hasnt quite got there. Would love it, his ego wont though.
Dyche would block it straight from the off, even if it was a possibility.

Far too big an ego for dyche to be dealing with, even if he knew he would bag us 20 goals..

I thought that the MSP deal was critical for cashflow in the business?!
It wasn’t meant to be? They were going to loan the business 100 million for the stadium, and convert that plus interest into equity. Now they’re just straight loaning the business 100 million. Should have no effect on the operation of the club in the absolute short term and if it’s used as an excuse to not acquire new players, it’s an absolute lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back