Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t meant to be? They were going to loan the business 100 million for the stadium, and convert that plus interest into equity. Now they’re just straight loaning the business 100 million. Should have no effect on the operation of the club in the absolute short term and if it’s used as an excuse to not acquire new players, it’s an absolute lie.
Well said, someone who isn’t wetting the bed and has actually thought about implications!

It wasn’t meant to be? They were going to loan the business 100 million for the stadium, and convert that plus interest into equity. Now they’re just straight loaning the business 100 million. Should have no effect on the operation of the club in the absolute short term and if it’s used as an excuse to not acquire new players, it’s an absolute lie.
This is what I was thinking 🤔 it’s actually a better deal as we got part of the stadium finance sorted still require another £140mil but I sort f agree 25% for that price was a bit cheap!

It can effect the club in terms of loan repayment interest where if was convert into equity there no repayments!

This give them a chance for full sale if they so wish however I feel farhad wants & understand he’d get a better price when stadium is complete but he’s playing a gamble again, it will certainly be worth a lot less if we do get relegated!

Also can just be a poker play by MSP to push the deal along or vice versa from farhad
Am not sure 🤔 a creditor can dictate if shares are sold or not?

Can’t see this posted anywhere else so apologies if it has been. Instinctively I feel like we’re weaker (less first team players) at the start of this season than last season. But I’m struggling to name the departures other than…

Gordon
Coady
Mina
Begovic
Simms
Davies

Non-regiulars
Welch
Vinagre
Nkonkou
Samuels-smith(?)

Who am I missing?

(Appreciate the likes of Gomes, Gray, Alli, Gbamin, Holgate are still in the squad and likely to leave before transfer window or not to play.

Can’t see this posted anywhere else so apologies if it has been. Instinctively I feel like we’re weaker (less first team players) at the start of this season than last season. But I’m struggling to name the departures other than…

Gordon
Coady
Mina
Begovic
Simms
Davies

Non-regiulars
Welch
Vinagre
Nkonkou
Samuels-smith(?)

Who am I missing?

(Appreciate the likes of Gomes, Gray, Alli, Gbamin, Holgate are still in the squad and likely to leave before transfer window or not to play.
Rationally this is why I have faith we’ll stay up before the final day this year versus last

Gordon and Simms have been replaced by Danjuma, Harrison, Chermiti and Cannon which is a far stronger attack imo
I also fancied we’d get a bit more luck with Dom’s fitness but we can’t rely on that

Our midfield is relatively the same with the negative that Gana will likely have less legs because of age but Garner and Onana should be better with another years experience

Defence is probably weaker centrally with Mina and Coady out and only Branthwaite back in but it depends as if Branthwaite lives up to some of the hype on here then he could be similarly good to Mina but likely stay consistently fit

Full backs are Young in for Myko which is not a long term solution but stronger this season

The injuries to McNeil, Iwobi and Harrison all at the same time and freak injury to Dom’s face have set us back though at a time we have a couple of huge games coming up.

So whilst I think our squad is better year over year already (hopefully another striker to come in) we really need to get some points in or we’ll have missed up to 3 very winnable games in the first 4.

With our injuries and slow transfer pace I wish we’d have had four hard games to start to the season

All good points! Really we should go to that season where transfer market closed before it started! Yeah probably effect us negativity however those deals that always wait for deadline day would be done!

We need some xfactor & pace with goals
CB I’d even take Erick dier or someone like that
( did ever make an appearance for us?)

Garner, 21, is set to join the Merseyside club for an initial fee of £9 million that could rise to £15.5 million. There is a sell-on clause included but United do not have the option to buy back the midfielder.

I had my vodka and medicine out there for a minute.
They are not buying him back, they are buying him, period.

But never forget, other clubs look at us and think, what would Everton do ? Shambles on and off pitch. Big meteor heading for BMD soon wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. This club is living in some simulation theory of an sick minded RS fan in an alt universe !

He is the cash cow the club have been sitting on. Sadly he’s been borderline crap so another nail in the otherwise brilliant plan.

The stupid thing is he shouldn’t be sold in response to MSP pulling out, or X players price going up, or injuries elsewhere requiring reinforcements. If the club always had a plan to use him as an investment, a non-brain dead club would have sold the second the window opened with no need for any acrimony.

@davek is calling it right here. This one is the prime candidate to be sold to “re-balance the squad”, then miraculously run out of time “everyone working very hard I’ve seen them tough window FC” to spend the money. Loans and players coming out of retirement in Jan to save us.

Credit to the lad for not begging for a move to be fair. I’m his biggest critic, but the fact he hasn’t gone on strike makes me respect him unconditionally.
Desperate to sell means the buying club holds all the Aces...Pickford will probably be on his way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back