Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rationally this is why I have faith we’ll stay up before the final day this year versus last

Gordon and Simms have been replaced by Danjuma, Harrison, Chermiti and Cannon which is a far stronger attack imo
I also fancied we’d get a bit more luck with Dom’s fitness but we can’t rely on that

Our midfield is relatively the same with the negative that Gana will likely have less legs because of age but Garner and Onana should be better with another years experience

Defence is probably weaker centrally with Mina and Coady out and only Branthwaite back in but it depends as if Branthwaite lives up to some of the hype on here then he could be similarly good to Mina but likely stay consistently fit

Full backs are Young in for Myko which is not a long term solution but stronger this season

The injuries to McNeil, Iwobi and Harrison all at the same time and freak injury to Dom’s face have set us back though at a time we have a couple of huge games coming up.

So whilst I think our squad is better year over year already (hopefully another striker to come in) we really need to get some points in or we’ll have missed up to 3 very winnable games in the first 4.

With our injuries and slow transfer pace I wish we’d have had four hard games to start to the season
I don't think any of us expected anything from the Villa game , a point would have been great but always unlikely.
We should have beaten Fulham but with DCL and McNeill missing, Danjuma not properly fit then I think we were not exactly confident beforehand.

The demise of Everton is a popular media story at the moment but the reality is that apart maybe from Mina we haven't lost anyone who played last season and we have added Danjuma who will make us stronger this season and I do think we will sign another striker.

I’m sure there are intricacies to millions of pounds of deals but I absolutely hate this bullshit narrative of ‘opening discussions, sounding out, approaching’ when we have all seen deals get completed in a few hours out of the blue on deadline days

‘Hi Udinese, we’d like Beto, how much you reckon?’
‘35m mate’
‘Bit much lad, how about 20?’
‘Taking the piss there, how about 30?’
‘We’ll do 26’
‘Yeah alright how much up front?’
‘We’re skint lad, 5m up front rest of five years’
‘Oh mate that takes the piss, 10m up front and another 20 over the next five years’
‘Yeah alright, fair play’

‘Oi Beto lad, wanna double your wage and play in the premier league’
‘Yes please, thank you’

Signed.
Still too straightforward to be Everton

Could Myers possibly make it any more obvious that he is tweeting exactly what good times Bill wants him to tweet.

We are trying to sign a striker but don't expect one anytime soon.

Doing Prenno's job.

marionette-puppet.gif

I don't think any of us expected anything from the Villa game , a point would have been great but always unlikely.
We should have beaten Fulham but with DCL and McNeill missing, Danjuma not properly fit then I think we were not exactly confident beforehand.

The demise of Everton is a popular media story at the moment but the reality is that apart maybe from Mina we haven't lost anyone who played last season and we have added Danjuma who will make us stronger this season and I do think we will sign another striker.

Coady, Gordon, Gray?

Tarkowski mentioned about the bad body language - that for me rings huge alarm bells in game 2.

"Commence operation Fake Bids, and chasing players we have no intention of signing".

We are two days away from this call lads, I hope to god we beat Wolves this weekend, if not its going to be a really really crazy week - basically don't believe anything you read unless form tier one, the lads will be reaching out to their cronies to protect their own backs, we know the drill.
£40m bid for Connor Gallagher incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back