Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Beto, we need a lad in the middle of the park who can play a bit (like Wharton), and an experienced, solid 7/10 every week centre back (like Dawson who played yesterday). We might look like an actual team if we manage it, but I must admit that I think our business is done after Beto.

Because I’ve seen them playing over a decent period of time. And usually they’re affordable
Speaking of the SPL if we are budget buying now for RW could do worse than Liel Abada at Celtic. Transfermarkt has him listed at 7.5. Height is a concern but production and goals are nothing to sneeze at. Again bargain bin buying.

Speaking of the SPL if we are budget buying now for RW could do worse than Liel Abada at Celtic. Transfermarkt has him listed at 7.5. Height is a concern but production and goals are nothing to sneeze at. Again bargain bin buying.
Abada is one I’d like, an actual natural RW with good output. Would also keep an eye on whatever the hell is going on with Jota in Saudi.

Interesting that Maupay didn’t come on yesterday…. I wonder if he’s being sold?

After Beto we desperately need some sort of creative player. Especially someone who could notice those runs Chermiti was making. I think McNeill could do that job, but I feel like we really need someone who’s going to pick it up deep in midfield and do that.

We’re seriously devoid of any magic or inventive spark

Interesting that Maupay didn’t come on yesterday…. I wonder if he’s being sold?

After Beto we desperately need some sort of creative player. Especially someone who could notice those runs Chermiti was making. I think McNeill could do that job, but I feel like we really need someone who’s going to pick it up deep in midfield and do that.

We’re seriously devoid of any magic or inventive spark
dele-alli-fc-everton-2022-1689250379-111452.jpg

Get him fit and get him on the pitch.

When I look at that team that started yesterday the thing that stands out is that (if Beto does get confirmed) the attack and midfield can be improved significantly with the personnel in the building but absolutely nothing can be done to that defence without signings.

Beto will improve on Danjuma at CF
Danjuma will improve on Dobbin at LW
Iwobi / McNeil / Dele(?) all improve on Doucoure at AM
Harrison / McNeil improve on Garner at RW
In turn Garner & Doucoure then at least improve options for the other two CM slots.

Defence is the problem. Nothing we have improves on Tarks and Branthwaite. They might do but we at least need an improvement on Godfrey and Keane as the backups. Even a Holding type would be a step forward.

Full back stands out like a sore thumb. There’s no significant upgrade in the squad on Patterson and Young and they won’t do. A left back would at least allow Young to alternate with Patterson though on his natural side.

For me if you want to raise the level of that team, or at least the floor of it, the first signing you prioritise is a left back because it’s one of our worst positions and unlike the forward positions can’t be improved by what we have on the books. I’d love 2 or 3 signings but if we’re spending money a left back improves us more than another winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back