Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full back wise - we'd do much worse than James Justin. Whether Leicester are selling after they just let Castagne go though is a different matter.

You simply cannot turn down 15m for Iwobi at this stage in his contract. Especially when he’s currently injured for a few weeks and going to AFCON in January.

You wouldn’t pay 15m for not even a full season of Iwobi so why would you turn it down? I know what you mean about replacing him quickly but EVEN if all you did with the money was spend 10m of it for a full season of Dele and keep 5m for January it’s arguably it might be a better move (although I don’t advocate for this).
This is actually a really good point with Dele. There's no reason that he can't become the creative force of this team if he can get back to his best, or even half of his best. Selling Iwobi and replacing him with someone already in the squad would be a no brainer. Would also allow more wages for someone else to come in like Sulemana, then overall the squad is much more balanced.

Personally I think once Danjuma, Harrison and McNeil regained fitness there was no room in the team for Iwobi regardless so getting him out for maybe £15m, when there's already a potentially better option and certainly better player at the club in Dele is the right move. The result in terms of money is much the same but I think most fans would rather sell Iwobi and give Dele a chance rather than play Iwobi until his contract runs and leave Dele out.

Are there any real links right now to new players?

3 days left and hoping that we can bring 1-2 more in.... or is that too much to ask?

weren't the elvedi links fake
No? DiMarzio put it out there and there’s further links in BILD today

Legit links?

Wouldn't mind all 3i

If we could also get shut of Keane, Maupay and Iwobi and Gray to allow for this to happen then even better!
Ings link was Maddock in the Mirror
Sulemana long term one but Sky have said today we still hold interest
Elvedi see above this reply

For me, I think Iwobi gets more sticks than he deserves, and if he plays more centrally he's a useful asset. Cash in on Gray as he's been replaced.
I like him he seems a decent guy and he gets into the team because he is kind of better than most options. But when he is in the team he immediately imbalances it because he doesn’t excel in any one position. I’ve felt for a while that his inclusion causes us a lot of problems balancing the first eleven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back