Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zatara Why the angry face over my Cornet post?
IMG_5893.webp

The vaults will not be kind.
There were an awful lot of people on her last season asking why on earth are we signing McNeil before cornet.

They saw Cornet have a good 3 months. The rest of his career has been forgettable.

We’ve been linked with Wharton at Blackburn but I’m surprised we’ve not been linked to his midfield partner from the England under 21’s side, Angel Gomes, especially as Lille want Andre Gomes off us. You’d think a deal might be possible for both players switching? Would make life easy for the new kit man too.

Because hes not an England u21s player, he plays England u19s and his midfield partner is George Hall from Birmingham.

We could do with them both.

….yep, I thought he looked decent at LB, I’m not convinced by him as a winger. His miss at Norwich and then his penalty miss at West Ham probably cost Burnley their PL status.

Saying that, there were posters on here last summer saying they preferred Cornet to McNeil.

McNeil has always been levels above that dreadful player.

This and Young would be Dyche signings and both are poop.

They saw Cornet have a good 3 months. The rest of his career has been forgettable.

Because hes not an England u21s player, he plays England u19s and his midfield partner is George Hall from Birmingham.

We could do with them both.

McNeil has always been levels above that dreadful player.

This and Young would be Dyche signings and both are poop.

..…Dyche wasn’t here last summer when we were linked with Cornet. I imagine he still hasn’t forgiven him for the misses that cost him his job.

I do agree, he’s certainly not for me except as a LB.

WE NEED A CB; no more wingers, please.
It would be interesting to see what would happen if we did field 10 wingers and one goalkeeper. Would we score loads of goals and let in a few or would we be massacred. It's food for thought.

The other idea is you get 10 wingers into your defence box, they form a circle and the goalkeeper passes the ball to that circle which turns into a huddle. Then the huddle walks the ball up the pitch and into the opponent's goal. There are no laws against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back