Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so bizarre how we keep going back to players we've been interested in, in the past.

Exactly that...you have to wonder about our scouting network.

Eh? I’d say it’s a decent sign that we might finally have something resembling a plan, rather than a complete scattershot transfer policy.

If we wanted a player 12 months ago (presumably because he met a certain number of metrics) chances are he still meets the required metrics now.

There’s also the possibility that Cornet is just a lazy piece of journalism.

Think Cornet will be Twicer the FB Young is.
He'd be a good attacking LB option to at least alternate with Myko depending on circumstances. Young should be competing with Patterson on the right.

Weirdly, I'm actually warmer to Cornet than Sulemana. Cornet's end product across a variety of positions is historically very good. Sulemana I'm still not convinced isn't more of a Youtube highlights pace merchant.

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 13.05.21.webp

Eh? I’d say it’s a decent sign that we might finally have something resembling a plan, rather than a complete scattershot transfer policy.

If we wanted a player 12 months ago (presumably because he met a certain number of metrics) chances are he still meets the required metrics now.

There’s also the possibility that Cornet is just a lazy piece of journalism.
Exactly - consistency of targets is a good thing. You wouldn't have much faith in a recruitment team that identified and targeted a player and then 6 months later thought "actually no, he's crap". Why would you trust their judgement on the next target?

I didn’t watch Preston much. But that Troy parrot from spurs got 3 in 32 games. Delap from Man City got 1 in 15. Cannon 8 in 20

And I guarantee spurs and city would get a lot more for their 2 forwards. I’d Loan than sell for a poxy 3mil. Another good season and then you could be talking 10mil

…just had a look on the ‘Boro forum and their ITK reckons a deal was agreed weeks ago, now up to Cannon. Somebody else mentions £6m. They seem very keen, they’re hoping he doesn’t feature for us tonight;

IMG_6496.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back