Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you consider where we were a couple of months ago, no money, probably little chance of buying anybody, no strikers, I believe Kevin Thelwell has done a great job. Even today we appear to still be looking for players. So even if the newcomers turn out to be not brilliant I believe most of us would say well done Kev.
Signing players is easy it’s signing good ones that’s hard so until we see how well the new players do there’ll be no congratulations from me.

Gray out Cornet in would be a very good move.

Can Cornet play on the right or is he another who prefers the left?

Edit - I stopped being lazy and checked. Stats look promising from the right
Know people turn their noses up a bit at the name but if you were offered someone with that versatility and end product across Ligue1 and the PL without knowing the name I think you'd be very keen.

This link disgusts me.

…just had a look on the ‘Boro forum and their ITK reckons a deal was agreed weeks ago, now up to Cannon. Somebody else mentions £6m. They seem very keen, they’re hoping he doesn’t feature for us tonight;

View attachment 225141

£6mil with a sell on + Gray and Iwobi leaving would balance the books.

Yeah, wouldn't agree with any of those takes to be honest mate, you're reaching and you aren't breaking any new ground - i mean now your describing a career trajectory profile like Harry Kane, Mitoma was playing in Belgium a little over a year ago - hardly ground for your dismissal of the lad, is addition to career parellels with Arteta and Pienaar who were misfits who bounced here on loan, like a few others i can think off. I think you are million miles off on both counts to be honest. But all good. ;)

Just to confirm here...

Arteta: Barcelona, PSG, Rangers and Sociedad -- Did well at all and well known around the continent.

Pienaar: Ajax where he was class and Dortmund used out of position. Well known around the continent.

Youre saying were on a par with:

Alzate: Leyton Orient, Swindon, Standard Liege -- nothing impressive.

No mate lol

Know people turn their noses up a bit at the name but if you were offered someone with that versatility and end product across Ligue1 and the PL without knowing the name I think you'd be very keen.

I posted about him many times before. Was not good for Lyon and was certainly not missed by them whatsoever.

Hes had a career high 3-4 months at Burnley. Just the same as the other player many wanted Dennis.

A few months and then back to his previous level...joins west ham and is seen for what he is

Dog dirt.

Hell of a race on their hands to get players in now (if they even spend the money), you don't really want to be losing one of your best players with a couple of days to go. Not much of a profit on what they paid either, strange one.

This link disgusts me.

£6mil with a sell on + Gray and Iwobi leaving would balance the books.

Just to confirm here...

Arteta: Barcelona, PSG, Rangers and Sociedad -- Did well at all and well known around the continent.

Pienaar: Ajax where he was class and Dortmund used out of position. Well known around the continent.

Youre saying were on a par with:

Alzate: Leyton Orient, Swindon, Standard Liege -- nothing impressive.

No mate lol

Is every step on the clubs there a step up or a step down to when they ultimately ended up being deemed surplus for a loan to Everton - youve pretty much proven my point there. Its like they had obvious quality and ultimately got lost, dismissed by others, deemed surplus, loaned out and considered misfits.

Many wont remember but both Arteta and to lesser extent Pienarr took a while even to take off here - Arteta in particular, many didn't want to sign him permenently.

Point being, i wouldnt sniff at a player linked on the basis of the clubs they played for and haven't made it - you've just written the examples above.

Leave it to me - someone has the fight corner of championing the cause of signing young players with potential on here! lol

He'd be a good attacking LB option to at least alternate with Myko depending on circumstances. Young should be competing with Patterson on the right.

Weirdly, I'm actually warmer to Cornet than Sulemana. Cornet's end product across a variety of positions is historically very good. Sulemana I'm still not convinced isn't more of a Youtube highlights pace merchant.

View attachment 225139
Very good show of his versatility here. Good age, will probably not be too expensive either and Dyche seems to like him, he had the best league career under him at Burnley that year, must be a hard worker. This would be a smart if unfashionable signing. At the right price I don't see the downside of it really.

Iwobi + Gray replaced by Cornet, Danjuma and Harrison is a massive upgrade in my opinion.

Cannon and Gray out.
And get 2 in please kev
And maybe iwobi if you can
Cannon should be 5-8M for sure if Simms went for 8M. And dont forget a buy back clause Bill lol
Gray around 12M
Maupay loan
Iwobi book value of close to 8M so between 12M - 15M let him go.

Then IN:
Cornet: 12M ? He cost 17.5M
The German defender: 8M or something as this 5M reported seems a bit low.
The midfielder from Brighton on loan

And then Gomes and Gbamin to Turkey after the window closes lol

Come on Kev !! Quite a bit to do in 2,5 days !!!

Is every step on the clubs there a step up or a step down to when they ultimately ended up being deemed surplus for a loan to Everton. Its like they had obvious quality and ultmaitely got lost, dismissed by pther and considered misfits.

Many wont remember but both Arteta and to lesser extent Pienarr took a while even to take off here - Arteta in particular, many didn't want to sign him permenently.

Point being, i would sniff at a player linked on the basis of the clubs they played for and haven't made it - you've just written the examples above.

Leave it to me - someone has the fight corner of championing the cause of signing young players with potential on here! lol

Alzate is 25 in a week.

Very good show of his versatility here. Good age, will probably not be too expensive either and Dyche seems to like him, he had the best league career under him at Burnley that year, must be a hard worker. This would be a smart if unfashionable signing. At the right price I don't see the downside of it really.

Iwobi + Gray replaced by Cornet, Danjuma and Harrison is a massive upgrade in my opinion.

Its an upgrade if we get real money for Gray and Iwobi + the other 3 are moved out end of the season. Cornet will be a major disaster on a permanent.

Cannon should be 5-8M for sure if Simms went for 8M. And dont forget a buy back clause Bill lol
Gray around 12M
Maupay loan
Iwobi book value of close to 8M so between 12M - 15M let him go.

Then IN:
Cornet: 12M ? He cost 17.5M
The German defender: 8M or something as this 5M reported seems a bit low.
The midfielder from Brighton on loan

And then Gomes and Gbamin to Turkey after the window closes lol

Come on Kev !! Quite a bit to do in 2,5 days !!!

What a nightmare that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back