Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi has to go today if he isn't going to sign a new contract - this is a one and done deal to recoup some transfer fee. Unfortunately that's going to leave us creatively weak, but if we can't replace him in time, so be it.

Personally I think it'll be a push to even get Cornet in. 0-1 transfers in today, no point in sitting glued to the telly

Iwobi has to go today if he isn't going to sign a new contract - this is a one and done deal to recoup some transfer fee. Unfortunately that's going to leave us creatively weak, but if we can't replace him in time, so be it.

Personally I think it'll be a push to even get Cornet in. 0-1 transfers in today, no point in sitting glued to the telly
I imagine Cornet would be quite easy (by our standards) given the fact that he is surplus and he and the manager have a healthy relationship

Reckon Gray will definitely move after the window shuts to Saudi, consequently we won't be able to reinvest the fee, more smoke n mirrors from this not fit for purpose board !!

Get the iwobi deal done asap if we can. That frees up the cash then.
Letting that drag on until 10 pm will not help.
So I fully expect that to happen
Probably don't want to sign off that sale until a replacement is lined up

But if no replacement has bee found by 10pm, we will probably still have to sell anyway. So it could go very wrong, but the logic is probably fair.

We need to finalise the 3 main sales today for Gray, Iwobi and Cannon. Then we need to find loans for Gomes and JPG, and possibly some other younger players.

Then we need to try and find a couple of good players, one on the right and then either a defender or midfielder. All 3 seems extremely unrealistic.

My guess right now, based on nothing more than gut instinct, would be

1 In
2 Out

We would need to bid enough to trigger the release clause. They paid 25M for him last year and his stock has only risen since then.
i'd be amazed if we 'd pull this off - sounds like a phantom bid to me.. we know the parameters of what we need to bid to break the clause, and will only go underneath..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back