Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say iwobi will be sold today with injury prone Cornet coming in that will be it , the Burnley reunion continues, be no more incoming. Transfer deadline day usually a damp squid at everton. Gray to be sold after the window closes and the money will disappear with the arteta and Gordon money.
Been linked with Calamari from some Italian side this morning.

Probably don't want to sign off that sale until a replacement is lined up

But if no replacement has bee found by 10pm, we will probably still have to sell anyway. So it could go very wrong, but the logic is probably fair.

We need to finalise the 3 main sales today for Gray, Iwobi and Cannon. Then we need to find loans for Gomes and JPG, and possibly some other younger players.

Then we need to try and find a couple of good players, one on the right and then either a defender or midfielder. All 3 seems extremely unrealistic.

My guess right now, based on nothing more than gut instinct, would be

1 In
2 Out
Suspect you’re right numbers wise. The in has to be on a permanent though (or a loan with an obligation), otherwise we’re looking at yet another player who might not be here next year who we’ll have to replace.

Suspect you’re right numbers wise. The in has to be on a permanent though (or a loan with an obligation), otherwise we’re looking at yet another player who might not be here next year who we’ll have to replace.
Yes ideally a permanent signing, especially if we sell Iwobi for decent money.

But if a good player in an area of need becomes available on loan, then we should absolutely go for it.

Annoying that there was a board change at the club buying Gray. That’s the sort of unecessary misfortune Everton really don’t need.
The whole transfer thing is very strange over there, I listened to them talking about the Salah thing the other day and apparently it's the people who run the league who decide on the "big" transfers like that then they decide which club they want them to go too!!

We need a miracle today because we have a relegation defence. Holgate is gash, but it’s negligible that he hasn’t been replaced with somebody. Godfrey and Keane aren’t up to it.

Don’t get me started on the fullbacks….

Yes ideally a permanent signing, especially if we sell Iwobi for decent money.

But if a good player in an area of need becomes available on loan, then we should absolutely go for it.
If we’re talking a top centre mid, I’d agree. If it’s any of the wingers like Gnonto/Sulemana/Sinisterra which is what I had in mind then it has to be a perm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back