Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merson shocked Everton are selling Iwobi​

Paul Merson on Sky Sports News:
"I'm shocked. Everton need to keep their players. I thought Iwobi was one of their better players last season, in a terrible season and the season before. Very shocked. Good signing for Fulham."

I'm shocked the tool has a job!!!!

With potential solid outgoings of Iwobi, Gray, Cannon, Maupay, I'd be investing that money in recruiting McTominay from Utd. Solid performer, capable of scoring and potential captain material. He's a typical old school Everton player. I'd definitely have him over Kalvin Phillips

I

"I'm shocked. Everton need to keep their players. I thought Iwobi was one of their better players last season, in a terrible season and the season before. Very shocked. Good signing for Fulham."

I get it though, h e has been one of the better players in a poor bunch and he is a starter at present.

He's probably been on the drink again. No idea how he's even allowed on telly tbh.

But we have bought players in. Forward positions last season under Dyche:

RW: Iwobi, Townsend (injured)
ST: DCL (injured), Maupay, Simms
LW: McNeil, Gray

Forward positions now:

RW: Danjuma, Harrison
ST: DCL, Beto, Chermiti
LW: McNeil, Dobbin

So we’re about one player short unless Dyche is happy with Dobbin as a genuine option. There’s also the question of where Dele fits once he’s back fit.

In reality we’ve bought in Beto, Danjuma, Chermiti, Harrison, and got DCL back from fitness and Dobbin upgraded, and sent out Iwobi Maupay Townsend Cannon and Simms

Looks a decent swap to me but one more wide player would be nice.
I'll be shocked if we don't bring in a winger between Gnonto, Sulemana or Cornet. All are better than Dobbin and that's where they'd fit in. As for Dele I think he'll get into this team in midfield, doing what Doucoure does now but probably better. If you look at it our options in midfield would be Onana, Garner, Gana, Doucoure and Dele. Think we could do with one more like Reed who was mentioned if possible but it's not that bad at all.

Merson has weirdly had it in for us ever since we swerved Allardyce..

Fulham have overpaid by about £10m for Iwobi and it looks like we will have to overpay by the same amount to get Gnonto.

Who knows what the going rate is now. Johnson £50 m / Palmer £45 m . Gonoto doesn't sound terrible at £38m

Gnonto isn't going to happen, why would Leeds wait until deadline day to sell him when they won't have time to get a replacement?

More money, reaches a point where you cant say no, every player has a price.

Believe they are signing or have signed a winger as well - not that it means he's definately off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back