Summer transfer window 2023

I'd say where definitely stronger, but obviously a pretty threadbare squad, hopefully Braithwaite and Chermetti push on and keep on improving.

We should have enough to avoid another last day relegation battle, but key injuries could screw us, hopefully the player sale money remains should anyone become available in January.

Was suprised with Maupay leaving, can't see Gray going now tbh. Didn't rate Maupay but could of been an option playing behind Beto/a fit Calvert-Lewin.

But Gana going is bad enough. Zero depth whatsoever.
If you believe recent comments on match days Gana has been a bit of a liability. Certainly wasn't the case against Doncaster (yes, I know) and his form is only highlighted because the lack of goals means we can't afford mistakes in our own half. I'm sure sure once Beto et al start banging in the goals then, as you say, Gana certainly would be missed.

I'd say where definitely stronger, but obviously a pretty threadbare squad, hopefully Braithwaite and Chermetti push on and keep on improving.

We should have enough to avoid another last day relegation battle, but key injuries could screw us, hopefully the player sale money remains should anyone become available in January.

Was suprised with Maupay leaving, can't see Gray going now tbh. Didn't rate Maupay but could have been an option playing behind Beto/a fit Calvert-Lewin
Im happy enough with Maupay leaving. He had one half decent showing against Doncaster. Maybe a bit of food for thought with him playing off a big striker but no doubt in reality he’d have been played in that role and had another stinker. Just don’t think he was destined to fit here.

Was suprised with Maupay leaving, can't see Gray going now tbh. Didn't rate Maupay but could of been an option playing behind Beto/a fit Calvert-Lewin.
We'll just have to trust that Dyche sees Maupay as surplus to requirements. It's a team effort and Everton fans home and away are part of that team. It doesn't help the on-field team's morale if certain players' continual failing in their own job (scoring goals in Maupay's case) sucks the positive passion out of the fans.

Transfer fee accuracy is generally hardwork, but they aren't always miles out on transfermarkt so I use that. This is our net spend since Moshiri arrived (in € off the website). Doesn't include things like Nkounkou sell-on fee, or Stone CL winning figure etc. of course.

View attachment 225593
Net spend isn't everything, but its very hard to compete in the modern premier league with a positive net spend of 60-70m over a 3 year window

Its very clear here that the owner has given up and is no longer committed to improving the squad. At some point our fans need to accept this and push for change, and stop going on about the stadium.

The squad is going to need major investment in the next 2 years due to contracts and Moshiri is not going to provide it.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I don’t think we can lose either. Certainly not Gray.

Gray I think is one we can jettison. We have Danjuma, McNeil, Harrison who naturally play in wide roles, dobbin & young for emergencies & garner for mega emergencies.

Gomes is on £110k a week. Is it better to try and get shut and hope Onyango improves? It’s a tricky one. He’s probably our most creating midfielder even at his 1/3rd pace.

I doubt that the Gray deal to Saudi will happen now. It’s not like they are negotiating and want to save themselves a million quid through the mistaken belief that leaving things until the last minute gets you a bargain.

If they want a player, they just go out and get them, and Gray has been available all summer!