Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
By my guesstimates were £33.2mil in positive net spend over the window and as others have posted perhaps £450k a week in saved wages.

Still time for Gomes to move to Turkey...

By my guesstimates were £33.2mil in positive net spend over the window and as others have posted perhaps £450k a week in saved wages.

From football insider

Instalments over Beto’s £26million move aren’t set to begin until next year – the same with Chermiti’s £10.7million move from Sporting Lisbon.

Everton’s finances will be boosted by the £45million generated from player sales and £40million drop in wages, with the only outgoings being Danjuma’s £3million loan fee.

What happens next season though when we have the first instalments of Beto & Chermiti's fee's to pay?
Aswell as Danjuma/Harrison returning from loan & contracts of Doucoure, Young, Coleman & Gueye

Incredible savings if accurate. This type of ruthless window has been needed for a while now, but we need to survive another couple of seasons to complete the transformation.

Next summer will be the last big purge of high earners who don’t offer a huge amount or aren’t good enough anymore, like Gomes, Dele and Gana. After that, our wages to turnover should be nowhere near an issue. Then of course we’re waiting for the stadium to be finished so need to survive another year on loans and bargains, but after that we might actually be able to spend a few quid and enjoy Everton again.

Incredible savings if accurate. This type of ruthless window has been needed for a while now, but we need to survive another couple of seasons to complete the transformation.

Next summer will be the last big purge of high earners who don’t offer a huge amount or aren’t good enough anymore, like Gomes, Dele and Gana. After that, our wages to turnover should be nowhere near an issue. Then of course we’re waiting for the stadium to be finished so need to survive another year on loans and bargains, but after that we might actually be able to spend a few quid and enjoy Everton again.

We will have about 12 players left when contracts expire next summer, and they include the likes of Maupay, Keane, Holgate and Godfrey who are all deadwood. We also have £40m already accounted for going out next summer for Beto and Chermiti which we’ll probably have to sell Onana to compensate for. We’re a long, long way away from being out of the woods. And we can’t fill the gaps with academy players because we sold any remotely half competent youth players we had and are left with the dregs who are destined to end up non league football. Still need to find £300m from somewhere, god knows where, to finish the stadium. I don’t see how we can realistically recover from this situation to be honest

What happens next season though when we have the first instalments of Beto & Chermiti's fee's to pay?
Aswell as Danjuma/Harrison returning from loan & contracts of Doucoure, Young, Coleman & Gueye
Well first of all we hope against hope that the cash flow problems are solved by next summer by fresh investment or new ownership. This summer things have been really bad but that's caused by a unique and hopefully temporary perfect storm of circumstances.

Regarding the instalment payments, these things work both ways and as of the last accounts (which will be pretty out of date now but indicative) we were owed more in player payments than we owe other clubs so it's not just a one way street.

There will be a tonne of work to be done in the transfer market of course, but that's always the case. I imagine we'll probably see at least one big sale, most likely Onana, although DCL's contract expires in 2025 so I imagine we're hoping for a better season of fitness to cash in there.

We will have about 12 players left when contracts expire next summer, and they include the likes of Maupay, Keane, Holgate and Godfrey who are all deadwood. We also have £40m already accounted for going out next summer for Beto and Chermiti which we’ll probably have to sell Onana to compensate for. We’re a long, long way away from being out of the woods. And we can’t fill the gaps with academy players because we sold any remotely half competent youth players we had and are left with the dregs who are destined to end up non league football. Still need to find £300m from somewhere, god knows where, to finish the stadium. I don’t see how we can realistically recover from this situation to be honest
This is a bit of a dramatic spin on next summer. For starters it's the first payments that are due on Beto and Chermiti not the full whack. A reasonable estimate is maybe 12-15m going out not 40m. We don't really know the terms of any of our transfers but there will be instalments flying in both directions as there always are.

We've cashed in on the most concerning contract expiring (Iwobi) for more than probably any of us thought possible. The other contracts expiring (excluding loans) include some massive earners and probably total about 25m a year saved. If we do want one more season of Gana due to a lack of bodies we have an option and Doucs I'd think would sign an extension IF we want.

Yeah, we'll be short on numbers (not quite down to 12 though) but as with this summer the players leaving the club will be players who should be leaving the club and the better players will still be here.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 07.57.06.webp

As far as I’m aware the first instalments are due next year for Beto and Chermiti not their entire fees.

We’ll go into administration because no championship team could afford that.

We need new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back