Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are the FCA saying they do? they are not affiliated to football in any way so don't need to do anyone any favours. I have a horrible feeling 777 are taking money from their smaller clubs (well money that should belong to them for bills, transfers etc,etc) to pay towards us, which tbh Id want no part of that either really. Id hate the thought that we are draining the resources of a series of smaller clubs to fund us.
I have no idea what the FCA looked at, so its impossible to know.

But from everything ive read, these fellas arent screaming filthy rich.

Gary O'Neil to Wolves. That would be hilarious. Sheffield United have sold their best player and another to follow. Plus Luton came up. We have already stayed up without even kicking a ball. It should not be underestimated how much weaker the league will be this season. Happy days.

How’s this working out?

How’s this working out?
Benefitted greatly of late from playing teams at good times (Brentford fielded a B team - battered by Palace today as well and Everton are clearly out on their feet today with the small squad regardless of the questionable formation/team selection). West Ham smashed the granny out of Wolves. They will finish in the bottom half of the table which given how poor the promoted sides have been is about right.

when luton put 5 past us at goodison park just remember when you are crying into your soggy weetabix that at least we have a shiny brand new stadium to look forward to, yes we may have andre gomes in goal and tony hibbert has come out of retirement to play as emergency striker, but at least we have a brand new shiny stadium to look forward to
i was close they only put 4 past us at goodison park this season

Dyche has been much fairer about giving young players chances than any of our managers in recent memory to be fair to him. I disagree with the shout that he hates youth. Not sure 17 year olds should be our target unless they are super cheap.

That or they have proven they can play in the league already. The Gnoto’s and such are fine but “wonderkid’s from Portugal” are a much bigger gamble. I’m all for it if he’s cheap or actually ahead of the curve and physically ready for the league. Some guys are.
Gnonto has suddenly found game time and form for Leeds. We have spent 7 million on Ampadu, 5 million on Gnonto, Gruev 5 million, Summerville £ 1.3 still bargains out there. Perhaps when you are in the Premier, clubs add 10 million to the price and distorts the market.

Gnonto has suddenly found game time and form for Leeds. We have spent 7 million on Ampadu, 5 million on Gnonto, Gruev 5 million, Summerville £ 1.3 still bargains out there. Perhaps when you are in the Premier, clubs add 10 million to the price and distorts the market.
Nope, we just can’t scout players. Brighton manage to buy players cheap in PL and sell them on for big fees.

Our issue is don’t go for them until they have already made their move to England/or a more established team.

Even Onana we got from Lille after one season for them. They signed him for €12m. We need to be picking them up before that move.

Nope, we just can’t scout players. Brighton manage to buy players cheap in PL and sell them on for big fees.

Our issue is don’t go for them until they have already made their move to England/or a more established team.

Even Onana we got from Lille after one season for them. They signed him for €12m. We need to be picking them up before that move.
Long-term, this is the only model that is sustainable for us alongside ensuring the academy is at a standard that attracts, develops and retains talent.

Clubs like Brighton scout well, speculate on players (buying low) and sell high. Therer'll be some duds along the way, but one or two players could sustain us.

We have Branthwaite who we're likely to make a huge profit on this summer.

But by and large I agree, we've not taken enough risks with our recruitment and it's punished us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back