Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just isn't. He'd have to be a 20 G+A guy to qualify as a bargain and that's just unlikely even if he isn't a bad player.

Anyway it's more about managing the squad and finances. 30m transfers have to work and they might not. Better to avoid it.

Not sure your coming home with 20 G+A man - for South of £30 mill mate. He had, 13 in the PL last season - so not unreasonable to assume he will graduate to more, with his first year in the PL under his belt and playing in a side different to Forest, who went behind the ball for large parts of last season.

What i like most about him is hes a leader, ive seen him do it, at times hes led that Forest team from the front or when they were under Kosh or needed a result. Hes a good lid and a sound investment. You be doubling your money in short order in my opinion.

Its a big investment for us - but in reality 6 mill in ammortisation a season - what we were playing for Mina and id suspect considerably less on wages. We have more then enough scope for that.

An investment is only expensive when you dont make a return on it.

Hed be my no 1 target if im honest - i know we wont get him like.

Not sure your coming home with 20 G+A man - for South of £30 mill mate. He had, 13 in the PL last season - so not unreasonable to assume he will graduate to more, with his first year in the PL under his belt and playing in a side different to Forest, who went behind the ball for large parts of last season.

What i like most about him is hes a leader, ive seen him do it, at times hes led that Forest team from the front or when they were under Kosh or needed a result. Hes a good lid and a sound investment. You be doubling your money in short order in my opinion.

Its a big investment for us - but in reality 6 mill in ammortisation a season - what we were playing for Mina and id suspect considerably less on wages. We have more then enough scope for that.

An investment is only expensive when you dont make a return on it.

Hed be my no 1 target if im honest - i know we wont get him like.
I think it's similar to Richarlison and while that worked out fine it wasn't a bargain. Like Richarlison it's also possible he maxes out short of that 20 G+A mark and at that price it is fine and nothing more.

I'd go cheaper and ideally higher upside. Johnson has played 150 first team games. Guys don't get a ton better after that much time playing more often than not.

If that's the fee id like us to bid. Really rate the lad holistically and a sound investment, he can play through the middle and at wide forward. Give him a choice to make at least.

I wonder do Forrest need to get revenue in to keep themselves ticking over - they've taken on a lot of costs and if my memory is right made some sizeable losses in the last few years.
That isn’t the fee, Forest have rejected it.

I think it's similar to Richarlison and while that worked out fine it wasn't a bargain. Like Richarlison it's also possible he maxes out short of that 20 G+A mark and at that price it is fine and nothing more.

I'd go cheaper and ideally higher upside. Johnson has played 150 first team games. Guys don't get a ton better after that much time playing more often than not.

We have very different opinions on Richarlison mate and i suspect it will be the same argument here on Johnson. id bite your hand off for a 20 G+A a season man and be happy to pay 30 mill for the pleasure. Really rate the lad.

Bit of a generalisation the 150 game stat and has to be taken in context, hes played two and half seasons really for Forest - from 20-22 - is that the ceiling - not for me.

Your a genius - honestly - if you could identify cheaper and better - who you thinking mate?

Last edited:
We have very different opinions on Richarlison mate and i suspect it will be the same argument here on Johnson. id bite your hand off for a 20 G+A a season man and be happy to pay 30 mill for the pleasure. Really rate the lad.

Bit of a generalisation the 150 game stat and has to be taken in context, hes played two and half seasons really for Forest - from 20-22 - is that the ceiling - not for me.

Your a genius - honestly - if you could cheaper and better - who you thinking mate?
Not really scouting these days mate. I did see Saints sign that lad from Rennes in January though who are really like foe like 20m so they still exist!

Reckon he’d fetch similar to Gordon money, at that point I’d say we need to be looking elsewhere.

We'd have to pull the parachute at about 35 id say mate, the bid from Bretford has me suspicious that Forrest may need to manage their own finances and bring money in - given the costs they took on last year - seems like an agent guiding to me.

We'd have to pull the parachute at about 35 id say mate, the bid from Bretford has me suspicious that Forrest may need to manage their own finances and bring money in - given the costs they took on last year - seems like an agent guiding to me.
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we have near that to spend on one player. Unless we can Klarna our payments over the next 6 financial years.

Ipswich Town have submitted a £3.5million bid for Everton striker Ellis Simms, reports claim.​

The 22-year-old striker is facing a contested summer at Goodison Park. He was recalled by the Toffees from a positive loan spell at Sunderland early last season, in which he scored seven in 16 Championship outings for the Black Cats.

He’d go on to play a bit part role for Sean Dyche’s side who sealed Premier League survival on the final day of the season, but reports have since suggested that Simms could be on the move this summer with Sunderland said to be keen on a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back