Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
….surely you’ve seen enough of him. If he’s involved next season we’re in trouble.
We were introuble anyway, even with a fully fit squad. I just think it might be worth seeing what he can produce with better players around him. The same with Dom, which we all know he can do well when provided. This is just my opinion, and for that price quoted surely wouldn't go any lower by next year, but has the potential to go higher maybe

We were introuble anyway, even with a fully fit squad. I just think it might be worth seeing what he can produce with better players around him. The same with Dom, which we all know he can do well when provided. This is just my opinion, and for that price quoted surely wouldn't go any lower by next year, but has the potential to go higher maybe
Good luck with that bit mate lol

….surely you’ve seen enough of him. If he’s involved next season we’re in trouble.
No one has seen enough of him.

You of course might be right that he's crap because ultimately most everyone is but it is far too early to say we've seen proof. We as a club need to progress beyond the idea that 3 starts is enough to determine whether a player has it or not. At the same time we also need to stop buying players and banking on upside after 150 starts. Find the middle!

…really? The only way Simms is used next season is as back-up and if he needs to be used we’ve not progressed from last season’s debacle.

Simms is the same age as Haaland, there’s lots of better players with clubs higher than Everton who don’t want Simms for a reason. I watched him at Hearts and Sunderland, we started Gray ahead of him against Bournemouth.

He has to be moved on for whatever we can get.

Worrying that. I have suspected all along that he would be the one to go, but surely we need to push for more than £55m? Particularly as we owe Lille 20-30% sell-on fee don't we?!
Not sure how reliable that is...this guy is normally spot on for anything related to belgian players , but the bit that we urgently need cash surely must be wrong. I know we have pretty much zero cash to buy players, but you'll think with the sale of Gordon and kean that we do not need money urgently.

No one has seen enough of him.

You of course might be right that he's crap because ultimately most everyone is but it is far too early to say we've seen proof. We as a club need to progress beyond the idea that 3 starts is enough to determine whether a player has it or not. At the same time we also need to stop buying players and banking on upside after 150 starts. Find the middle!

…I suggest you watch videos of him playing in Scotland and for Sunderland. He’ll have a future in the game but not at Everton. Simms is 22, Dyche didn’t pick him when we most needed a central striker. That says everything.

I’d be surprised and disappointed if he’s not been told he’s not in Dyche’s plans for next season. You obviously don’t want us to buy a striker, but rely on Simms which is quite astonishing.

Ipswich Town have submitted a £3.5million bid for Everton striker Ellis Simms, reports claim.​

The 22-year-old striker is facing a contested summer at Goodison Park. He was recalled by the Toffees from a positive loan spell at Sunderland early last season, in which he scored seven in 16 Championship outings for the Black Cats.

He’d go on to play a bit part role for Sean Dyche’s side who sealed Premier League survival on the final day of the season, but reports have since suggested that Simms could be on the move this summer with Sunderland said to be keen on a return.
I’d move if I were him. Being stuck behind Maupay is disrespectful.

…I suggest you watch videos of him playing in Scotland and for Sunderland. He’ll have a future in the game but not at Everton. Simms is 22, Dyche didn’t pick him when we most needed a central striker. That says everything.

I’d be surprised and disappointed if he’s not been told he’s not in Dyche’s plans for next season. You obviously don’t want us to buy a striker, but rely on Simms which is quite astonishing.
Oh Sean Dyche doesn't rate him? That's me convinced.

I actually do want us to buy a striker. Simms should have played last season and then we might know more.

for a few mill Simms has to go. We had Maupay and Simms yet Dyche went with Gray, despite Simms being the profile of what Dyche has historically enjoyed having available.

No brainer really, for all parties.

Oh Sean Dyche doesn't rate him? That's me convinced.

I actually do want us to buy a striker. Simms should have played last season and then we might know more.

….so, you wanted Dyche to play him just so we ‘could find out if he was good enough’. We get relegated but at least we know Simms isn’t up to it lol.

If he was anywhere near good enough, Dyche would have played him. The same can be said for a succession of managers before him. We had no strikers yet he was on loan. Simms is the same age as Haaland.

…really? The only way Simms is used next season is as back-up and if he needs to be used we’ve not progressed from last season’s debacle.

Simms is the same age as Haaland, there’s lots of better players with clubs higher than Everton who don’t want Simms for a reason. I watched him at Hearts and Sunderland, we started Gray ahead of him against Bournemouth.

He has to be moved on for whatever we can get.
Fair one. Again, just my opinion

….so, you wanted Dyche to play him just so we ‘could find out if he was good enough’. We get relegated but at least we know Simms isn’t up to it lol.

If he was anywhere near good enough, Dyche would have played him. The same can be said for a succession of managers before him. We had no strikers yet he was on loan. Simms is the same age as Haaland.
Yeah you're right since he isn't as good as the guy on track to be the best striker ever we should just move on.

I mean this is the whole problem we have here. We're going to use results based thinking (we didn't get relegated so Dyche did good things and made correct decisions essentially) which doesn't have to be true and on top of that the results we're using as proof actually stunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back