Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has seen enough of him.

You of course might be right that he's crap because ultimately most everyone is but it is far too early to say we've seen proof. We as a club need to progress beyond the idea that 3 starts is enough to determine whether a player has it or not. At the same time we also need to stop buying players and banking on upside after 150 starts. Find the middle!
We don’t need to see proof, we’ve seen a little but Dyche sees him in training every day to have an idea of how useful he would be.

I’m not sure we get 65 but it would be weird to be asking for 55, surely you ask 65 but settle on 55.

I’d like more too but it’s a bit of a buyers market for midfielders this summer, lots of options for the big clubs available, so I’d settle at 55 to get it done quickly. It’s not a huge profit, but as much as I like the fella there’s areas of his game that don’t look like a 30m player so a decent profit after 12 months is still good.
It’s a Chelsea we’re talking about here…..they’ll probably offer £85m and we will masterfully negotiate it to £65m

Tom Cannon appears to be considerably more mobile than Ellis Simms - that could be key factor in whether he becomes part of the first team squad this coming season.

….he’s technically superior but he’s not got the physical ammunition of Simms. It’s why I don’t see him as a back-up to DCL but more of a replacement for Richarlison than Maupay.

We desperately need to buy an effective striker. If we do, I think we comfortably avoid relegation.

I'm just discounting anything that uses Dyche as justification the same as I did Lampard, Benitez and Koeman. I don't think he's good at this and idc if he sees something in training. Sorry everyone.
It doesn’t really matter mate….the only one thing that does matter is Dyche’s opinion as he is in the hot seat. You‘re talking like Dyche has an obligation to play him more (despite what he thinks of him), just so he can give us a view of what he’s like. I am sure you will be able to see a lot more of him at Ipswich (or wherever he ends up) to make a fully formed judgment.

It doesn’t really matter mate….the only one thing that does matter is Dyche’s opinion as he is in the hot seat. You‘re talking like Dyche has an obligation to play him more (despite what he thinks of him), just so he can give us a view of what he’s like. I am sure you will be able to see a lot more of him at Ipswich (or wherever he ends up) to make a fully formed judgment.
Dyche has an obligation to do what is best for the club

Developing players is part of his job
Yes …the best coaches are the coaches who add value to the players they have at their disposal - agreed. It doesn’t mean that he is not being developed just because he is not in the under 23s or on loan (having been on loan twice anyway) - he‘s probably had the majority of the development he is going to get in those stages.

He is now at the age where he should be breaking through to the first team and his development continued from there - that very much depends on how he does in training to earn the right to play. Dyche would appear to have certainly judged his qualities last year in this regard and the result is he didn’t play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back