Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simms looks to me like a goal scorer without the mobility to excel at PL level right now whether he ever will who knows but we should sell for anything near 5m.
Yet we're still just a few appearances removed from him being mobile enough to skin a notoriously mobile defender and score

£3.5m plus a buyback clause is what I’d be looking at.

However, I don’t see him him being he quality to play in the PL.
That’s probably fair and the right thinking. The only thing that I don’t like is Simms going means more Neal. And I despise Neal. If I think of who I’d rather see in a game day squad, it’s Ellis every time.

The only goal he managed to score in the second half of the season, you’ve been told by someone who’s actually watched him at all levels that he’s not good enough so why is it so hard for you to accept that?
First off I do love the implication I've never seen him.

Second yeah he scored one goal in very limited minutes.

Third I've seen a fair few of those fantastic scouting eyes have complete misses.

Fourth half of those people also bring up Sean Dyche when answering.

….it’s my opinion that the situation with strikers is uncomplicated;

1) Simms should not be at Everton next season. If he is & we’re reliant on using him we are in serious trouble.
2) Cannon is an unknown quantity. He’s a chance but not as a back-up to DCL. Cannon could be a better option than Maupay in a Richarlison role.
3) We have to buy a conventional & effective central striker. If we do, I genuinely believe we won’t be in a relegation scrap. It’s that simple.
You are right it is that simple. Unfortunately point 3 of yours above appears to have eluded the simpletons at Everton. The only half decent replacement for Lukaku has been a £1.5m punt from Sheff Utd who now can’t string more than a few games together. We have constantly failed at it….Tosun, Rondon, Maupassant etc. Thats the concern.

1686778093166.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back