Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes …the best coaches are the coaches who add value to the players they have at their disposal - agreed. It doesn’t mean that he is not being developed just because he is not in the under 23s or on loan (having been on loan twice anyway) - he‘s probably had the majority of the development he is going to get in those stages.

He is now at the age where he should be breaking through to the first team and his development continued from there - that very much depends on how he does in training to earn the right to play. Dyche would appear to have certainly judged his qualities last year in this regard and the result is he didn’t play him.
And the result of that was we didn't score many goals. But it's fine because we finished 17th barely!

….it’s my opinion that the situation with strikers is uncomplicated;

1) Simms should not be at Everton next season. If he is & we’re reliant on using him we are in serious trouble.
2) Cannon is an unknown quantity. He’s a chance but not as a back-up to DCL. Cannon could be a better option than Maupay in a Richarlison role.
3) We have to buy a conventional & effective central striker. If we do, I genuinely believe we won’t be in a relegation scrap. It’s that simple.

….it’s my opinion that the situation with strikers is uncomplicated;

1) Simms should not be at Everton next season. If he is & we’re reliant on using him we are in serious trouble.
2) Cannon is an unknown quantity. He’s a chance but not as a back-up to DCL. Cannon could be a better option than Maupay in a Richarlison role.
3) We have to buy a conventional & effective central striker. If we do, I genuinely believe we won’t be in a relegation scrap. It’s that simple.
We need two forwards minimum for me. One needs to be a number nine who can weigh in with goals and one who can play off a foank or upfront.

I’m not sure we get 65 but it would be weird to be asking for 55, surely you ask 65 but settle on 55.

I’d like more too but it’s a bit of a buyers market for midfielders this summer, lots of options for the big clubs available, so I’d settle at 55 to get it done quickly. It’s not a huge profit, but as much as I like the fella there’s areas of his game that don’t look like a 30m player so a decent profit after 12 months is still good.
But you're forgetting we paid about 30p for him upfront and will owe Lille 20% sell-on fee, so it will likely only end up being £20m tops in the transfer kitty.

And then Dyche will probably blow it on McTominay too 😫

3.5 mill is a great return for an academy graduate.

Lad is at the stage he needs to find a home and play.

Some good clubs want him.

P.S. You better have striker deals in the pipeline Everton.
They might have to wait in the pipeline .

There's nobody here to sign the cheques, or anything else for that matter.

They‘l have an interim board in place Id say mate, it’s in our articles we have to have 3 directors.

Id say at the moment it’s Bill, Ingles and Chong.
As we all know the club is like a ship without a rudder at this very moment until Kenwright settles up & moves on.

Prospective buyers/investors will be looking on in amazement.

Looks like we are making the sales before the end of the month again. Our financial state is hampering us badly. We are relying now on small purchases and most of them coming off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back