Summer transfer window 2023

Maybe everyone has had abit of a look at Southampton this year and have now realised you cant fill your squad with 19 year olds and compete in this league!
1 or 2 are fine, but the rule of thumb is that most of the good sides in the PL have majority 24-29 year olds in it!
Think the age thing has been a bit overstated with Southampton to be honest, they've actually got plenty of experience in that squad and the bulk of their regular starters are 25+, they're just not very good.

Niels Nkounkou up for Ligue 2 player of the year despite only being there since January. 6 goals and 8 assists in 17 games for them. Lad is doing phenomenally well, I know it’s the French second division but still.

Can’t see how this lad doesn’t get a game for us now, will hopefully be in the squad next season. Deserves the chance and is still very young. Could solve a massive issue for us if he can come back here and push for a place.

Niels Nkounkou up for Ligue 2 player of the year despite only being there since January. 6 goals and 8 assists in 17 games for them. Lad is doing phenomenally well, I know it’s the French second division but still.

Can’t see how this lad doesn’t get a game for us now, will hopefully be in the squad next season. Deserves the chance and is still very young. Could solve a massive issue for us if he can come back here and push for a place.

If he comes back he's playing left wing.

I can. He's pony.

My Cardiff supporting BIL just never rated him at all, at least at left-back.

Could be the difference in the speed & physicality of the leagues over there but yeah as Nymz says he's a left winger, or a wing back at the very most.

My Cardiff supporting BIL just never rated him at all, at least at left-back.

Could be the difference in the speed & physicality of the leagues over there but yeah as Nymz says he's a left winger, or a wing back at the very most.
He’s an ideal Dyche winger really: he’s nowhere near good enough defensively to be a PL left back but will have enough to help out on that side of things which Dyche obviously values, and clearly he is very good on the offensive side. But the problem, of course, is the option to buy we’ve stupidly given.

Think the age thing has been a bit overstated with Southampton to be honest, they've actually got plenty of experience in that squad and the bulk of their regular starters are 25+, they're just not very good.
Throw in they have 41 year old Willy Caballero in there squad as well as 34 year old Theo Walcott! That's the lowest average age in the PL

1684321615532.png

He’s an ideal Dyche winger really: he’s nowhere near good enough defensively to be a PL left back but will have enough to help out on that side of things which Dyche obviously values, and clearly he is very good on the offensive side. But the problem, of course, is the option to buy we’ve stupidly given.
Our best player since Dyche came in has been our left winger!

Throw in they have 41 year old Willy Caballero in there squad as well as 34 year old Theo Walcott! That's the lowest average age in the PL

View attachment 211032
I didn't say it wasn't? They have loads of players who are around 25-26 so the average age is in that bracket. They don't have many gnarly old veterans but the majority of the squad is in their mid 20s and reasonably experienced. Off the top of my head when thinking of their regulars you're looking at the 2 Armstrongs, Adams, Ward-Prowse, Walker Peters, Maitland Niles, Bednarek etc along with Walcott who are all at least 25. There'll be a few more too. They've maybe asked too much of one or two younger lads - Bazunu and Lavia basically - but in the main they just have a squad full of fairly nothingy players in their mid 20s.

Correct, but if he does come back Nkounkou could be a very decent backup / alternative.
McNeils best games have been his last few where he seems to be cutting inside a bit more into an attacking midfield role at times, I think it suits him rather than an out and out winger which he doesn't really have the pace for.