Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summerville for £10m wouldn't be bad business at all, in my opinion.

The potential reward with him is far greater than the element of risk. If it doesn't work out, we'd still be able to re-coup a fair portion of the fee, if not all of it, from a foreign club.

Why you only looking at goals.

I'm concentrating on goals because above all else we need a finisher. It's not much use having a provider if you don't have someone to finish. Assists drop off as well as you go up. Gyokeres had 12 and 7 the year prior - similar levels to the players I quoted. Plus, if DCL is fit, the best part of his game is his hold up play - he would do well playing beside a pure finisher. He led the team in assists in 17/18 feeding Rooney and Niasse.

He makes a lot of goals too, could bear good fruit with Doucoure and McNeil.

Tbh, a striker who was capable of scoring 10-12 goals last season probably would have had us finishing several places higher up the table.

I agree with your comment on the 10-12 goals last season would have had us much higher up the table. While nothing is guaranteed with anyone, I worry that he would not reach double figures.

The players I referenced made goals in the championship as well. Assists drop off too.

I agree it's sometimes hard to translate Championship form to EPL it's a big step up. But there have been other examples of players who have stepped up, off the top of it head Vardy, Toney, Johnson et al every player you recruit is a risk, you have to scout thoroughly

Yes every player is a risk. Vardy dropped from 16 goals in the championship to 5 his first year in the prem (all be it with more assists) and Toney dropped from 33 to 12, before scoring 20 last season. Issue is that we would need him to instantly adapt - unless of course DCL can be fit.

I'd take the reported £55m happily.
Yes if true thanks Onana you got me pumped in the crowd a couple of times with your gesturing and slide tackles from nowhere other than that it’s been a bit erm average, think he will become a good player but we aren’t keeping him here anyway if that becomes the case, yes we would make more money if we kept him but right now I’d happily move him on to reinvest back into the squad.

reports that we are in for Tyler Adams (everyone from Leeds!) for £25m if we sell Onana. Brighton also linked with Adams if they sell Caicedo. Not sure why Leeds would sell him for £25m, unless he has a relegation release fee.

reports that we are in for Tyler Adams (everyone from Leeds!) for £25m if we sell Onana. Brighton also linked with Adams if they sell Caicedo. Not sure why Leeds would sell him for £25m, unless he has a relegation release fee.

Think a good few of the Leeds guys do have causes. All the more reason to try to sort Onana quickly one way or the other, Adams is a good option but probably won’t be available all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back