Summer transfer window 2023

he's too good for that league but injury problems lead you down this road as nobody will take a chance for the wages he will demand.

I am a bit gutted he's going as I like him but we can't carry him for another season.
I’d be curious what sort of offers he’ll actually get given his record. Besiktas won’t come close to matching his current wage. If there’s a performance related element is it something we could match for a year or two? He makes such a big difference when he plays.

he's too good for that league but injury problems lead you down this road as nobody will take a chance for the wages he will demand.

I am a bit gutted he's going as I like him but we can't carry him for another season.
He is going there because even without the injuries a modern day CB needs to have pace and he has very little.

He is going there because even without the injuries a modern day CB needs to have pace and he has very little.
Not having that, reading the game and having good positioning can overcome pace a lot of the time. He's a good defender, probably in the upper echelons for his heading and physicality but he's not a sprinter. Either way my point only was he's too good for Turkey, hardly controversial.

If Mina is going to Turkey, they aren't paying him anywhere near what he gets here. Why can't we pay him what they are and get him to stay? And I know it's not "that" easy but I like Mina and he's actually pretty good when he plays. AND he's a genuine snide.

Just a weird move for him. Give him a base matching Besiktas and then an "incentive" bonus when he plays that dwarfs them.

And, yes, I know it doesn't work this way. If he could stay fit he's one of the few I'd be sad to see leave.

Not having that, reading the game and having good positioning can overcome pace a lot of the time. He's a good defender, probably in the upper echelons for his heading and physicality but he's not a sprinter. Either way my point only was he's too good for Turkey, hardly controversial.
Most teams play a high line now and he can't play in that setup, No decent team is coming in for him for that reason which is why he is going to Turkey

If Mina is going to Turkey, they aren't paying him anywhere near what he gets here. Why can't we pay him what they are and get him to stay? And I know it's not "that" easy but I like Mina and he's actually pretty good when he plays. AND he's a genuine snide.

Just a weird move for him. Give him a base matching Besiktas and then an "incentive" bonus when he plays that dwarfs them.

And, yes, I know it doesn't work this way. If he could stay fit he's one of the few I'd be sad to see leave.

Probs because he never plays.

Because if a player did that the PFA would absolutely slaughter them

He plays wide right/cam, barely scores, barely assists - yeah I don't think he's a bad player per se - but for £35m ... he's not been a success.

He's played 136 games, 9 goals and 16 assists.

That, for me, is bad enough to invite justifiable criticism.

I also disagree with the dogs of war spirit comment, he goes missing in games a lot IMO.
Goddamit Iwobi, you should have more assists with Maupay playing as your target man!

He plays wide right/cam, barely scores, barely assists - yeah I don't think he's a bad player per se - but for £35m ... he's not been a success.

He's played 136 games, 9 goals and 16 assists.

That, for me, is bad enough to invite justifiable criticism.

I also disagree with the dogs of war spirit comment, he goes missing in games a lot IMO.
He's been playing in his wrong position the entirety of his career with us though, bar 3-4 months. And then he was bossing it.

He's wasted out wide, but needs must. And Dyche ain't ever gunna play him centrally. Nor Gray.

Constantly sat out injured, and you want to offer him a new contract?

He's been playing in his wrong position the entirety of his career with us though, bar 3-4 months. And then he was bossing it.

He's wasted out wide, but needs must. And Dyche ain't ever gunna play him centrally. Nor Gray.
People forget that prior to coming to us at arsenal, he was a left sided player.

RW - 25 apps
Central - 38 apps
LW - 77 apps

He came to us. And what do we do? Shove him wide right.

RW - 61 apps.
Central - 36 apps
LW - 28 apps. You know, the position we signed him for.

He is best centrally. But expecting him to be a world beater is a bit mad considering he plays for us, and half the time, the person he is supposed to be playing through is garbage.