Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche has one target and that's to keep this club in the league. If you don't add value to that one simple goal then you're out. That means most of the kids are going to get sold. It sucks but that's where years of mismanagement takes you.
I don't agree with that.
First off, the only young player attracting top teams interest is ISS and as he doesn't have a contract there isn't much we can do about that.

Ellis Simms looks as if he is leaving but it would appear he is heading to the championship rather than the premiership.
I think Reece Welch will go out on loan, Mills and Cannon will be part of the squad or go on loan to a high ranking championship team imo.
I cannot think of another player that I would have around the squad.

Those on loan at 1st division clubs last season were not that impressive to convince anyone they are ready for the premiership.

If anybody thinks that Sean Dyche barely keeping us in the premiership is enough for him to keep his job then I feel they are badly mistaken.

I feel this will be a season of consolidation but the season after we need to be aiming at top half or his job will be at risk.

Only if someone pays a proportion of his wages on loan. Besides, selling one of our top prospects to pay the wages of a nitrous addled has been who won't play a game for us is a hard sell as a positive.
Agree. That's the point I was trying to make. I don't think its a good deal. We'd all be delighted if we bought an England youth International for £4m.

it was nudge nudge wink wink suggested we were after him

A good cheap option that would have allowed us to utilise funds elsewhere. But we don't seem to ever go for the sensible option.

We really need someone to come in soon because my anxiety about the state of the squad is spiking. Comes earlier and earlier every season, don't think it's ever been a month before the season starts 😂

I was very disappointed to see this young lad going to Chelsea, its only now a matter of weeks before we see another young prospect ( Branthwaite ) following him out of the door, what a pathetic shower our club has become.
I'm looking forward to the point when we 'couldn't get any deals over the line' and instead decide to invest most of our limited transfer kitty on paying the £10m for Dele and 'going with what we've got'.

I don't agree with that.
First off, the only young player attracting top teams interest is ISS and as he doesn't have a contract there isn't much we can do about that.

Ellis Simms looks as if he is leaving but it would appear he is heading to the championship rather than the premiership.
I think Reece Welch will go out on loan, Mills and Cannon will be part of the squad or go on loan to a high ranking championship team imo.
I cannot think of another player that I would have around the squad.

Those on loan at 1st division clubs last season were not that impressive to convince anyone they are ready for the premiership.

If anybody thinks that Sean Dyche barely keeping us in the premiership is enough for him to keep his job then I feel they are badly mistaken.

I feel this will be a season of consolidation but the season after we need to be aiming at top half or his job will be at risk.

Me. I am still sitting on the fence.

Burnley got a man, Kompany !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back