Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of my head;

Antonee Robinson - altohugh seemed to take him a while but none the less a very useful full back.
Tom Davies - While i dont think ehs anywhere near premier league level, he's played there for some time.
Anichebe - served a good purpose as a target man, Premier leaguel level? Borderline perhaps?
Vaughan - injuries absolute cost him, not sure he was prem level at all in reality.
Foreshaw - has had a good career, made a good amount of PL appearances now but spent most of his career in Champ/L1?
Osman - got his breakthrough just after Rooney left

There is actually a big list here;

As you would imagine, Rooney has made the most premier league appearances after coming from our youth team. The list includs anyone who has played at youth level for us. It also lists the age group and this is the first page of player swho played at U17 level for us. As you can see the list drops dramatically in appearances.

View attachment 216571

They are missing a few there, Hope Akpam and John Lundstrum spring to mind.

An absolute joke of a club, pre season started and here we are again !

Honestly at this point, get Bill out and his lackies. If we drop down a league then let's do it by our own hands.

Dyche has only today got back from his 2 benders.

I would be very surprised if we don't see an incoming or 2 next week

Gray has pace and can bet a man but nothing happens at the end of it. Be arsed adding another one of them, our issue is no end product.

He does but ASM would be able to keep the ball for about 5 seconds longer before losing it.

Could save at least 1 goal in the season through keeping it that 5 seconds more surely!!

On a more serious note if the choice was between gray and ASM, I'd take ASM all day. Gray is very very predictable, ASM at least gets players moving backwards and is unpredictable.

Absolute shambles.

Selling off players for a fraction of what they are potentially worth.

How in this earth are this board still here? Disgusting

Chelsea will loan him out and get their fee back over the next couple of years … if he is good enough he will break into the first team and be a bargain… if he makes a couple of appearances they will sell him for 20m plus … they can’t really lose unless he does a Barkley and just gives up once he gets London

ASM would be our best player next year if we got him (perhaps unless DCL can stay fit for most/all of the year). Good time to go for him as he seems surplus at Newcastle and is coming off an very "meh" year. Can't see it happening, but would be thrilled if it did.

Top of my head;

Antonee Robinson - altohugh seemed to take him a while but none the less a very useful full back.
Tom Davies - While i dont think ehs anywhere near premier league level, he's played there for some time.
Anichebe - served a good purpose as a target man, Premier leaguel level? Borderline perhaps?
Vaughan - injuries absolute cost him, not sure he was prem level at all in reality.
Foreshaw - has had a good career, made a good amount of PL appearances now but spent most of his career in Champ/L1?
Osman - got his breakthrough just after Rooney left

There is actually a big list here;

As you would imagine, Rooney has made the most premier league appearances after coming from our youth team. The list includs anyone who has played at youth level for us. It also lists the age group and this is the first page of player swho played at U17 level for us. As you can see the list drops dramatically in appearances.

View attachment 216571

Robinson & Barkley we’re the 2 I was thinking of. I really meant left us and we’ve regretted it as they went on to play at our level or higher. Maybe Gordon in the future but I feel we got over the odds money for him.

Surprised on the Osman factoid, but makes sense as people were championing for a while before he got his proper chance.

I can think of more players we’ve held on to and should have sold when we had the chance (if rumour have any truth) - JJK and Pennington were the ones that spring to mind immediately on that one for me.

ASM would be our best player next year if we got him (perhaps unless DCL can stay fit for most/all of the year). Good time to go for him as he seems surplus at Newcastle and is coming off an very "meh" year. Can't see it happening, but would be thrilled if it did.

Hed be another one of our best players in the treatment room mate.

Going from memory he always seems to be good for a few games then misses loads with injury.

Robinson & Barkley we’re the 2 I was thinking of. I really meant left us and we’ve regretted it as they went on to play at our level or higher. Maybe Gordon in the future but I feel we got over the odds money for him.

Surprised on the Osman factoid, but makes sense as people were championing for a while before he got his proper chance.

I can think of more players we’ve held on to and should have sold when we had the chance (if rumour have any truth) - JJK and Pennington were the ones that spring to mind immediately on that one for me.

Yep.

As i Said wast just off the top of my head. The list i screenshotted orders them in total premier league appearances.

Hindsight will be 20/20 and maybe it will end up a bad call but looking at the big picture we haven’t done this enough. Too often we give away these guys after their contract runs down. At least here we made an actual amount that can go towards reinvestment. It is what it is
And how often have you seen a bid turned down for kids his age in our youth system ?

This is why we have started giving out professional contracts to youngsters at such a regular basis recently.
Look at Lawrence going to city, did we actually get a proper payment or did that go through some tribunal fee..

£4m is less than we will pay Dele Alli in wages this year. Appreciate he may be the next Thierry Small but it's difficult to feel pleased about this deal.
Only if someone pays a proportion of his wages on loan. Besides, selling one of our top prospects to pay the wages of a nitrous addled has been who won't play a game for us is a hard sell as a positive.

Edit - just realised this is what you were sayin! Soz, it's been a long week!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back