Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche has one target and that's to keep this club in the league. If you don't add value to that one simple goal then you're out. That means most of the kids are going to get sold. It sucks but that's where years of mismanagement takes you.
Its also what comes with bringing in a manager such as Dyche (rightly or wrongly i might add).
He doesn't give them a go, he isn't prepared to take that 'high risk, high reward' with them. He's never done it, and never will

First day back at training at FF 'Right lads, hands up who likes the Arctic Mnokeys new stuff?'
'Ok, that's you lot out the door'

Why are you comparing us to them? They are not our competitive rivals and haven’t been for about 35 years. Finishing 5th is a “horrendous” season for them which says everything about the difference in the levels of the clubs. They will never know what surviving relegation on the final day of a season feels like.
We dont even play the same sport as them any more

Its also what comes with bringing in a manager such as Dyche (rightly or wrongly i might add).
He doesn't give them a go, he isn't prepared to take that 'high risk, high reward' with them. He's never done it, and never will

First day back at training at FF 'Right lads, hands up who likes the Arctic Mnokeys new stuff?'
'Ok, that's you lot out the door'

I think its fair to say he does prefer experienced players, looking at the players hes used hes used plenty around 22-23 years old of age.

I dont think its entirely fair to say he doesn't give them a go WITHOUT adding in the context.

• The young players have to be good enough in the first place. Burnley haven't particularly got a great youth set up that is providing players "questionably capable" challening for a senior spot. Dwight McNeill is the obvious one that has.
  • He's had a very strict, limited budget and Burnley have ofted had to go for cheap players who are either older and unwanted at bigger clubs, or having to pick players out of the championship. If you're going to pick players out of the championship on a LIMITED budget, then naturally you're going to have to pick and choose carefully and naturally a 22-28 year old is more likely to succeed than an 18 year old stepping up.
  • When you have a limited budget, you're going to have to prioritise results. Burnley never had anytime to bed anyone in (just like we dont now)
  • We don't know the exact parameters of what he was working to, just like we don't know the exact parameters he's working to now.

Whether you're pro Dyche or anti Dyche, those points, for me you need to add into consideration as to regards the transfer dealings.

Dyche has been pigeonholed a little bit and it can be somewhat fair in terms of style, but at the same time when you're working on a such a small budget you have to tailor your approach.

The real test with Dyche will be when he is free from those parameters, and what I've said to mates in work is that Evertonians will accept the fighting, dogged football for the short-term if it brings stability. However when we are in a stable position, when do have some money to spend. If Dyche shows that even with a budget he sticks to the 'workmanlike' approach to football, im not convinced Evertonians will be happy with it.

He did a very good job at Burnley, but when you're constantly having to fight against relegation, eventually it catches up with you - This is exactly what ALL of us are fearing about this season.

Dyche has one target and that's to keep this club in the league. If you don't add value to that one simple goal then you're out. That means most of the kids are going to get sold. It sucks but that's where years of mismanagement takes you.
Not a bad thing tbh getting money for them, nice to see a young lad come through but most the time they’re useless and end up falling down the league pyramid anyway

Not a bad thing tbh getting money for them, nice to see a young lad come through but most the time they’re useless and end up falling down the league pyramid anyway

I agree, it's just a shame as we have started to loan youngsters out regularly at the right time to get them minutes they need.

No point planning for the future if there isn't going to be one for them to bed into.

How many of our kids gone on to actually be something of Premier League standard since Rooney?
Top of my head;

Antonee Robinson - altohugh seemed to take him a while but none the less a very useful full back.
Tom Davies - While i dont think ehs anywhere near premier league level, he's played there for some time.
Anichebe - served a good purpose as a target man, Premier leaguel level? Borderline perhaps?
Vaughan - injuries absolute cost him, not sure he was prem level at all in reality.
Foreshaw - has had a good career, made a good amount of PL appearances now but spent most of his career in Champ/L1?
Osman - got his breakthrough just after Rooney left

There is actually a big list here;

As you would imagine, Rooney has made the most premier league appearances after coming from our youth team. The list includs anyone who has played at youth level for us. It also lists the age group and this is the first page of player swho played at U17 level for us. As you can see the list drops dramatically in appearances.

1688644006383.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back