Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting take. I don’t know the guys at either podcast so can’t comment, however to say we are in for ourselves is ridiculous. We went on ITV recently to call our bill and co. So how is that protecting anyone? If you listened to any of the podcasts including the free one, you would be able to gauge no one had backed the current board, owner or chairman. So again, stop throwing out things that just aren’t factual or fair.

😂😂😂

We hadn’t bid for him and we still haven’t now. It was very premature and some intermediaries playing games in Europe. Yes Everton have watched him, but that’s as far as it’s gone. I am not coming on here to dig out journalists as I’m sure Sacha, who run the story was doing it in good faith and with the information he was given. However, it didn’t check out and I stand by that. No other British journalist has run the story either, probably for that reason too and it’s gone quiet hasn’t it.

I get hammered on here for literally no reason 😂 I’ve repeatedly said for the last few weeks, our youngsters are up for sale, warrington, ishe Samuel-smith and co all available. Samuel-smith now heading to Chelsea. Yet, I still get called out (not by you) for chatting wham or copying people 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
So guess nothing with ndiaye aswell, i kno i got my hopes up with the toure deal. But looks like another tough summer,

Yeah, good point, that. The loan pathways there are a bit more exciting than ours seem to be.

He’s a young lad, trying to make his way in the game and, as you say, help out his family. Good luck to him.
Our best young player just spent a year at PSV. It’s not that Chelsea’s loan options are necessarily better, it’s that the players are better, and so have better options.

Pathway is becoming a bit overused, if you’re good enough the pathway is much the same anywhere.

End of the day young kids always have their heads turned by the glamour academies and their agents make money off transfers rather than sitting tight, so they’ll always be pushed in that direction.

Unless there are significant rule changes the biggest academies will keep on swallowing up the best from even a decent academy like ours because prestige and money talk. Least this time we got paid, and i’m not sure there’s much more you can do.

Relax, we can let that lad off to Chelsea
We have a spare version the exact same

Attachments

• FCB36FB3-7FE8-41C4-A958-EA7799E10392.webp
    FCB36FB3-7FE8-41C4-A958-EA7799E10392.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 238

Well none of these have happened so I don’t understand how you can declare this some sort of shrewd transfer masterclass.
Ah of course because I was clearly referring to them having already happened...if they were to happen, it would be shrewd transfer business - speculating on transfers is what this thread is all about

None of that "excellent business" you mention has actually happened so I'd be holding fire on praising Thelwell for now.

For all we know, any money coming in will pay for the new South Stand bogs at BMD as that's what seems to have happened with the 40m Gordon money.
My point is that this would be excellent business if it were to happen. There's far too much KT bashing when none of us really know what's going on at the club. But if you were to paint a picture of how the transfer rumours could be justified - selling youth to onboard players that will actually make an impact on the side, this would be shrewd transfer business

Liverpool have signed a World Cup winner and one of the best talents from the Bundesliga; We've signed Liverpool's C Team goalkeeper on a new contract.

The gap between the clubs couldn't be bigger, and they had a horrendous season last time out.

Small time Everton.

Why are you comparing us to them? They are not our competitive rivals and haven’t been for about 35 years. Finishing 5th is a “horrendous” season for them which says everything about the difference in the levels of the clubs. They will never know what surviving relegation on the final day of a season feels like.

Liverpool have signed a World Cup winner and one of the best talents from the Bundesliga; We've signed Liverpool's C Team goalkeeper on a new contract.

The gap between the clubs couldn't be bigger, and they had a horrendous season last time out.

Small time Everton.
Liverpool don’t have the two biggest crooks in the league running things and pissing money down the wazoo, that’s the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back