Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is nonsense to be honest.
The manager is at the club for less than six months and did what he had to do to keep us up.

Our academy is not blessed with players who are ready to play first team football, ISS leaving has more to do with money than football.
It was more facetious dig at the horridness of Keane than actual football analysis

Not defending the club here as we know its a shambles, but if you follow the secret scout account on twitter, then young top prospects are moving nearly every week from smaller and the top clubs to others.

Seems like its a business in itself

Interesting take. I don’t know the guys at either podcast so can’t comment, however to say we are in for ourselves is ridiculous. We went on ITV recently to call our bill and co. So how is that protecting anyone? If you listened to any of the podcasts including the free one, you would be able to gauge no one had backed the current board, owner or chairman. So again, stop throwing out things that just aren’t factual or fair.

😂😂😂

We hadn’t bid for him and we still haven’t now. It was very premature and some intermediaries playing games in Europe. Yes Everton have watched him, but that’s as far as it’s gone. I am not coming on here to dig out journalists as I’m sure Sacha, who run the story was doing it in good faith and with the information he was given. However, it didn’t check out and I stand by that. No other British journalist has run the story either, probably for that reason too and it’s gone quiet hasn’t it.

I get hammered on here for literally no reason 😂 I’ve repeatedly said for the last few weeks, our youngsters are up for sale, warrington, ishe Samuel-smith and co all available. Samuel-smith now heading to Chelsea. Yet, I still get called out (not by you) for chatting wham or copying people 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
Everyone gets hammered on here mate, meanwhile some of the dodgiest sources around are taken seriously without scrutiny if people like what is being said. For what it is worth i and i am sure many others consider you reliable.

If there is one PL club that a youngster, however talented, is gonna struggle for game time at, it’s Chelsea.

ISS had his head turned by being registered at a bigger club, and probably getting a few of Crazy Todd’s monopoly dollars.

Right at this very moment, because we’re a horribly run club and have been for years, we need £4m more than we need a lad who might be ready to improve our first XI in 3/4 years. If he’s a world beater in a few years, this deal will look bad in hindsight; if it all goes a bit Thierry Small then the lad’s name won’t be brought up here until the next time we sell/lose a prospect.

As for the other cryarses on here predicting the end of days, a reminder: it’s the 6th of July.

Yes, we’ll almost certainly go down as a result of having a terrible squad, but please give it a few more weeks before you start whining about it. You’re bringing me down.

I just dont trust this club's decision making due to historical reasons especially since they were going to re-sign the mediocre and I guess the now injury prone tom davies

Agreed we don't get many coming through into the first team but under the new management at Chelsea is he likely to break through there either? Just sounds like a young lad has had his head turned by the big city and cash no surprise but he can't have gone there because his prospects of first team footy are better.
Prospects of development probably are and more money probably nice signing in fee or house for parents what’s not to like? Or stick around at Everton a club on its knees.

If there is one PL club that a youngster, however talented, is gonna struggle for game time at, it’s Chelsea.

ISS had his head turned by being registered at a bigger club, and probably getting a few of Crazy Todd’s monopoly dollars.

Right at this very moment, because we’re a horribly run club and have been for years, we need £4m more than we need a lad who might be ready to improve our first XI in 3/4 years. If he’s a world beater in a few years, this deal will look bad in hindsight; if it all goes a bit Thierry Small then the lad’s name won’t be brought up here until the next time we sell/lose a prospect.

As for the other cryarses on here predicting the end of days, a reminder: it’s the 6th of July.

Yes, we’ll almost certainly go down as a result of having a terrible squad, but please give it a few more weeks before you start whining about it. You’re bringing me down.

IF I was a 17 year old with an agent chirping in my ear (no doubt) at, say, Palace or Wolves, You sign this and it's a house, a car, and your mum sorted for a house and a car (most likely) in a sign on bonus. Then you're actually making thousands a week for the next 3 years guaranteed... I'd say yes too.

Look at the pathway there... you go fail, loaned out to europe, be signed by a european team, develop, re-sign for an EPL team and win the EPL (Salah or KDB being the poster boys for that route). Even if you fail at chelsea you're almost guaranteed to get another decent contract somewhere.

I don't blame him for rejecting us... and we had very little options so £4m is great business IMO, given that none of our kids since Ross have really been first team levels of good... except for possibly Antonee Robinson, which we handled badly.

How much have we lost by hanging on to youngsters who might make it and how much have we gained. I'd suggest we've lost a lot more than we've gained.

Everyone gets hammered on here mate, meanwhile some of the dodgiest sources around are taken seriously without scrutiny if people like what is being said. For what it is worth i and i am sure many others consider you reliable.
Nice one mate. It really is each to their own. People may believe or like certain journalists, other sources and so on. I would like to think I’ve proven enough over the last few years but it is what it is.

You can’t get it all first, you can’t know it all first, it’s impossible. Sometimes you can be told something and then go check it out to see if it has weight, similar to the Bilal Toure story, that’s football. I’ve always said until things hit certain points in deals it’s too early to publish else you’d be linking the club with 15 players at a time 😂 Maybe I should take one of the publications up on there offer and then I’d be given an easier ride 😂

Prospects of development probably are and more money probably nice signing in fee or house for parents what’s not to like? Or stick around at Everton a club on its knees.
Yes. He's not going to 'break through' any time soon either here or at Chelsea. He should absolutely go to the club where he has the better chance of honing his craft. At present that probably isn't us

Since January we have brought in sales from;
Gordon £40m, Kean £25m, Broadhead, £1.5m, now Samuels-Smith £4m. That’s £70m.
Wages saved; Rondon £50k, Mina £110k, Gordon £30k, Townsend £50k, Begovic £20k, Davies £20k, Coady £50k, Vinagre £20k
So we’re net 70 million better off in transfer dealings and net £350k a week better off in wages saved.
Plus the likely sale of Simms and Gray meant there must be some wriggle room now for incomings. If that leads to the likes of Rodrigo, Ndiaye and Gnonto coming in then I’d be reasonably happy. But these moves need to happen in the next week or so, not at the end of August.
It is not just Everton that has challenges signing players, all clubs do. Particularly for the type of players like the 3 you mention. Rodrigo would get into most PL teams outside the top 6 and it is his last money move in his career. He will no doubt want to wait to see all available options and it is not out of the question that Saudi may offer him a very nice retirement package. Gnonto is hot property at the moment. He is young, exciting, has a season in the PL and looks good for Italy u21. I think every sane football fan will agree that there is a high likelihood that Gnonto could double or treble his value in the next 12/24 months. Leeds will know this and so will his agent. I think Gnonto will be a very difficult one to get over the line and he will be quite expensive. I would absolutely love to see Villa buy him. Ndiaye is the easiest of the three imo as he has only one year left on his contract but there is the added complication that Blades just got promoted so they have money and should be able to command a decent fee. For clubs like ours that our not part of the elite the transfer window is really tough and most players appear to want to see if they have options for an elite club before committing. I just can't see many signings in the next week or so for a lot clubs until the elite clubs have closed off most of their business.

Nice one mate. It really is each to their own. People may believe or like certain journalists, other sources and so on. I would like to think I’ve proven enough over the last few years but it is what it is.

You can’t get it all first, you can’t know it all first, it’s impossible. Sometimes you can be told something and then go check it out to see if it has weight, similar to the Bilal Toure story, that’s football. I’ve always said until things hit certain points in deals it’s too early to publish else you’d be linking the club with 15 players at a time 😂 Maybe I should take one of the publications up on there offer and then I’d be given an easier ride 😂
GOT Forum: boo you're rubbish, but at the same time please give us more rubbish rumours Bobble you sexy fraud.

lol

IF I was a 17 year old with an agent chirping in my ear (no doubt) at, say, Palace or Wolves, You sign this and it's a house, a car, and your mum sorted for a house and a car (most likely) in a sign on bonus. Then you're actually making thousands a week for the next 3 years guaranteed... I'd say yes too.

Look at the pathway there... you go fail, loaned out to europe, be signed by a european team, develop, re-sign for an EPL team and win the EPL (Salah or KDB being the poster boys for that route). Even if you fail at chelsea you're almost guaranteed to get another decent contract somewhere.

I don't blame him for rejecting us... and we had very little options so £4m is great business IMO, given that none of our kids since Ross have really been first team levels of good... except for possibly Antonee Robinson, which we handled badly.

How much have we lost by hanging on to youngsters who might make it and how much have we gained. I'd suggest we've lost a lot more than we've gained.
Yeah, good point, that. The loan pathways there are a bit more exciting than ours seem to be.

He’s a young lad, trying to make his way in the game and, as you say, help out his family. Good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back