Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the bobble states all our youngsters are up for sale, considering the likes of Warrington, Mills and Cannon have all done well, and in positions we need depth. I get we need the funds, but I imagine Cannon would offer more than Maupay, for example.....

Interesting that the bobble states all our youngsters are up for sale, considering the likes of Warrington, Mills and Cannon have all done well, and in positions we need depth. I get we need the funds, but I imagine Cannon would offer more than Maupay, for example.....
I think it’s a case of everyone at the club is for sale at the right price. With the youngsters, whatever money you get for them, it’s 100% profit, so it makes sense from a business perspective. Rather than say selling Maupay for £5m and taking (another) loss.

NB: my phone has started autocorrecting Maupay to Mayday, which I find quite apt.

It is not just Everton that has challenges signing players, all clubs do. Particularly for the type of players like the 3 you mention. Rodrigo would get into most PL teams outside the top 6 and it is his last money move in his career. He will no doubt want to wait to see all available options and it is not out of the question that Saudi may offer him a very nice retirement package. Gnonto is hot property at the moment. He is young, exciting, has a season in the PL and looks good for Italy u21. I think every sane football fan will agree that there is a high likelihood that Gnonto could double or treble his value in the next 12/24 months. Leeds will know this and so will his agent. I think Gnonto will be a very difficult one to get over the line and he will be quite expensive. I would absolutely love to see Villa buy him. Ndiaye is the easiest of the three imo as he has only one year left on his contract but there is the added complication that Blades just got promoted so they have money and should be able to command a decent fee. For clubs like ours that our not part of the elite the transfer window is really tough and most players appear to want to see if they have options for an elite club before committing. I just can't see many signings in the next week or so for a lot clubs until the elite clubs have closed off most of their business.
It's sweet of you but there really is no need to keep tieing Villa's fortunes to Everton's. You lot are in much better shape, can offer prospective players an exciting 2023/4 etc. We're trying to recruit for a third relegation battle in a row

Interesting take. I don’t know the guys at either podcast so can’t comment, however to say we are in for ourselves is ridiculous. We went on ITV recently to call our bill and co. So how is that protecting anyone? If you listened to any of the podcasts including the free one, you would be able to gauge no one had backed the current board, owner or chairman. So again, stop throwing out things that just aren’t factual or fair.

😂😂😂

We hadn’t bid for him and we still haven’t now. It was very premature and some intermediaries playing games in Europe. Yes Everton have watched him, but that’s as far as it’s gone. I am not coming on here to dig out journalists as I’m sure Sacha, who run the story was doing it in good faith and with the information he was given. However, it didn’t check out and I stand by that. No other British journalist has run the story either, probably for that reason too and it’s gone quiet hasn’t it.

I get hammered on here for literally no reason 😂 I’ve repeatedly said for the last few weeks, our youngsters are up for sale, warrington, ishe Samuel-smith and co all available. Samuel-smith now heading to Chelsea. Yet, I still get called out (not by you) for chatting wham or copying people 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

You were warned when you signed up lol

People wake up, see a tweet then go "kin' bobble chats wham lad"

Pay for that blue tick to wind people up more

Were has that been said?

Happened across the official site and saw we had just signed someone from AC Milan, a bit excited as I remember we were linked with one of their players (I think)

Turns out iit is for the womens team. Oh well, will continie to wait

Happened across the official site and saw we had just signed someone from AC Milan, a bit excited as I remember we were linked with one of their players (I think)

Turns out iit is for the womens team. Oh well, will continie to wait
Yeh, it was reported on here yesterday. A few got excited (including myself) typed the name into Google, and some fitty popped up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back