Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
£4m for IS-S to pay for Rodrigo
Simms swap for Piroe
Sell Gray to fund 1-2 years of Bilal installments/N'Diaye full fee
De Ketamin on loan

This is excellent transfer business and the kind of shrewd dealings KT gets paid the big bucks for. The twitter meltdown over "selling our future to pay for our last" is misplaced imo - if we want a model more like Brighton/Brentford we need to be shifting surplus players for high fees (relative to what they can provide us now) to buy well in problem areas
Yeah I saw the “pay for our past” tweet, so dramatic. The biggest mistake of the past is forgetting the value of money and haggling 4m for a kid whose head had clearly been turned is again something the club should’ve been doing all along rather than the “what difference does 4 million make” culture of the early Moshiri years.

Simms swap for Piroe
De Ketamin on loan

This is excellent transfer business and the kind of shrewd dealings KT gets paid the big bucks for. The twitter meltdown over "selling our future to pay for our last" is misplaced imo - if we want a model more like Brighton/Brentford we need to be shifting surplus players for high fees (relative to what they can provide us now) to buy well in problem areas
Bit early to announce that this is the beginning of a masterplan but I get your point and agree with the theoretical model you set out. One thing: if we managed to secure the signings of Piroe, Ndiaye and Toure to join DCL and Cannon then couldn't we bin the idea of bringing in Rodrigo?

Simms swap for Piroe
De Ketamin on loan

Well none of these have happened so I don’t understand how you can declare this some sort of shrewd transfer masterclass.

Ndiaye wants Marseille
Loads of teams want De Ketelaere
Simms would only part fund Piroe
Rodrigo still prefers Spain but Sevilla’s mess makes him the least unlikely
Gray will not go to Saudi due to personal/family so fee will be lower to an English club

I am definitely not defending the club here but this kind of stuff is easy to type but very, very hard to do when our resources are tight and we are competing for players others want whilst struggling to find anyone willing to pay the fees we ideally need for our own dross. If we get 1 out of the 5 named we will have shot par. Two would be a very good outcome. Four is fantasy.

As for selling promising youngsters cheap to bail us out now, needs must but it is not a strategy. Strategy is getting our most promising youngsters like Samuels, Cannon, Branthwaite and Price first team opportunities to see if they sink or swim whilst cashing in at the most opportune moment on those we do not believe quite have it eg Simms, Warrington and not letting eg Gibson walk for free.

Talking the blues podcast is the best podcast out there no bullshit,no bluster just straight forward , the other two are disingenuous to say the least , all in it for themselves, even if it means protecting a board intent on killing this club
Interesting take. I don’t know the guys at either podcast so can’t comment, however to say we are in for ourselves is ridiculous. We went on ITV recently to call our bill and co. So how is that protecting anyone? If you listened to any of the podcasts including the free one, you would be able to gauge no one had backed the current board, owner or chairman. So again, stop throwing out things that just aren’t factual or fair.
I like the bobble but not sure how reliable he is when it comes to transfers. .ight he completely wrong but I cant remember him getting aload of transfers.

Also the ceo of almeria has just said they've received a bid from us. So not sure on this one.

Tbf if bobble had said we've bid for him I'd be going the other way and shouting "the bobble is always right with these things!" lol
😂😂😂

We hadn’t bid for him and we still haven’t now. It was very premature and some intermediaries playing games in Europe. Yes Everton have watched him, but that’s as far as it’s gone. I am not coming on here to dig out journalists as I’m sure Sacha, who run the story was doing it in good faith and with the information he was given. However, it didn’t check out and I stand by that. No other British journalist has run the story either, probably for that reason too and it’s gone quiet hasn’t it.

I get hammered on here for literally no reason 😂 I’ve repeatedly said for the last few weeks, our youngsters are up for sale, warrington, ishe Samuel-smith and co all available. Samuel-smith now heading to Chelsea. Yet, I still get called out (not by you) for chatting wham or copying people 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Since January we have brought in sales from;
Gordon £40m, Kean £25m, Broadhead, £1.5m, now Samuels-Smith £4m. That’s £70m.
Wages saved; Rondon £50k, Mina £110k, Gordon £30k, Townsend £50k, Begovic £20k, Davies £20k, Coady £50k, Vinagre £20k
So we’re net 70 million better off in transfer dealings and net £350k a week better off in wages saved.
Plus the likely sale of Simms and Gray meant there must be some wriggle room now for incomings. If that leads to the likes of Rodrigo, Ndiaye and Gnonto coming in then I’d be reasonably happy. But these moves need to happen in the next week or so, not at the end of August.
Niels Nkounkou sold for approximately £1.7m too.

The only other consideration though would be returning loan players’ salaries: Gomes, Alli, Branthwaite.

But as you say, we must be in a better spot now.

I think the most dispiriting aspect of being an upcoming academy player is knowing that regardless of whatever potential you display that's certain horrendous senior players you'll never displace due the status quo, like if I was a u-21 player and saw Keane playing regularly I would know for certain, unquestionably that a meritocracy is not in place at the club
That is nonsense to be honest.
The manager is at the club for less than six months and did what he had to do to keep us up.

Our academy is not blessed with players who are ready to play first team football, ISS leaving has more to do with money than football.

Reading this thread everyday has me feeling like I’m in the movie Groundhog Day

I just do what's best now and rarely read it lol, so tedious getting linked to the same players for weeks and weeks, then they go somewhere else and then we are told we missed out on them - if we were even after them in the 1st place. Though only Everton could be in an even worst place on the day of our training return after staying up the final day - i would not be surprised if Everton are going to try and muddle through the season again with say Lewin as the main forward lol

Interesting take. I don’t know the guys at either podcast so can’t comment, however to say we are in for ourselves is ridiculous. We went on ITV recently to call our bill and co. So how is that protecting anyone? If you listened to any of the podcasts including the free one, you would be able to gauge no one had backed the current board, owner or chairman. So again, stop throwing out things that just aren’t factual or fair.

😂😂😂

We hadn’t bid for him and we still haven’t now. It was very premature and some intermediaries playing games in Europe. Yes Everton have watched him, but that’s as far as it’s gone. I am not coming on here to dig out journalists as I’m sure Sacha, who run the story was doing it in good faith and with the information he was given. However, it didn’t check out and I stand by that. No other British journalist has run the story either, probably for that reason too and it’s gone quiet hasn’t it.

I get hammered on here for literally no reason 😂 I’ve repeatedly said for the last few weeks, our youngsters are up for sale, warrington, ishe Samuel-smith and co all available. Samuel-smith now heading to Chelsea. Yet, I still get called out (not by you) for chatting wham or copying people 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
Odd that on a thread devoted to rumours and the discussion of rumours that so many people get tetchy when the rumours turn out to be rumours. Until something real happens then it's all part of the fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back