Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be significant wage savings this summer regardless of the league we're in. Townsend, Davies, Mina, Coady, Vinagre all out which is probably a minimum of £250k a week saved, or £13 million a year. I'd imagine if we offer Coleman another year it will be on reduced terms. Plus we raked in £65 million in January selling Gordon and Kean, then didn't invest anything.
We'll probably need to sell to generate some funds, but I don't think it will be the same pressure as it was last year with Richarlison to get a sale done by July 1st.
Thelwell needs to earn his money and try to move on Holgate, Keane, Maupay, Gomes, Dele, Gbamin. The likes of Branthwaite and Mills should be integrated into the first team squad over pre-season.

I thought last summer window was the last after a 3 year period so a new 3 year structure started. Not sure if this is correct but ftp is based on 3 year accounts so if new investment came in we could spend as we have positive equity with our last 12 months sales. If I'm wrong sorry

Will be significant wage savings this summer regardless of the league we're in. Townsend, Davies, Mina, Coady, Vinagre all out which is probably a minimum of £250k a week saved, or £13 million a year. I'd imagine if we offer Coleman another year it will be on reduced terms. Plus we raked in £65 million in January selling Gordon and Kean, then didn't invest anything.
We'll probably need to sell to generate some funds, but I don't think it will be the same pressure as it was last year with Richarlison to get a sale done by July 1st.
Thelwell needs to earn his money and try to move on Holgate, Keane, Maupay, Gomes, Dele, Gbamin. The likes of Branthwaite and Mills should be integrated into the first team squad over pre-season.
Almost completely agree.

The difficulty comes when thinking about the likes of Mina, Iwobi and Doucoure (the latter two you didn’t mention). All on £100k+ p/w. Do they deserve that? No. But are they 3 of our very few productive players? Yes. We need to get that wage bill down drastically but at what cost? We’ve watched us decline and decline after getting rid of Digne, James, Rich and to a lesser extent Bernard and the Icelandic fella.

It’s a tricky one. If we’re going to do it I’d say go big and go full reset with the aforementioned 3 as well as the players you listed, sell a player for big bucks like Onana and try to reinvest wisely. It’s a big risk, but it might be necessary given that we post big losses every year, despite selling a player for big money, because of the wage bill.

I thought last summer window was the last after a 3 year period so a new 3 year structure started. Not sure if this is correct but ftp is based on 3 year accounts so if new investment came in we could spend as we have positive equity with our last 12 months sales. If I'm wrong sorry
I'm probably giving the morons who run Everton far more credit than they deserve, but I'd imagine the accounts this year will be in a far healthier position. We bought frugally last summer, with deals structured over the length of contracts- e.g. that's why we bought McNeil from Burnley instead of Cornet. We then raised £65 million in January and didn't spend anything. Wouldn't be surprised if this year's accounts actually have a plus sign at the start of the bottom line rather than a minus.

i’d be in for Lewis Hall of Chelsea, think he looks a fairly good prospect at LB and Chelsea certainly need to sell and loan some players

Is that right or is it a rolling 3 year period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back