Summer transfer window 2023

Levy has shown weakness in recent history e.g. pulling out of deals for Kvaratskhelia and Kim Min-jae before they joined Napoli. Spurs fans are getting on his back for a reason. Just saying.
Yeah I get ya. Spurs fans have given him stick for a long time over transfers. Whether you call it weakness or being steadfast, Levy rarely gets messed around by players or clubs in the market, and if he doesn't like the value of a deal it does not happen. Not an easy guy to deal with.

Another interesting point:

Almeria concede a large number of goals (4th highest in La Liga), therefore we should give them Holgate and Keane + cash in return for El Billal.

Looks like were 'mulling' over:

El Bilal Toure (21) - Almeria
Beto (25) - Udinese
Dia (26)- Salernitana
Gyokeres (24) - Coventry

Good point mate, agree completely on the wage ceiling and how that influences decision making. I think the decision is - is he really a 100k player and are you building a side around him - because you need to if you are making him one of your high earners for the next five years - would be a no for me.
This is the problem as I’m not sure £100k week is that outlandish these days (for prem footballers). I’ve said previously I think he should get a contract in that range just because it hedges on him going for free.
I’m not so sure now, as that kind of strategy depends on a confidence someone else will pay as much or more, and pay a transfer fee on top. I’m not as confident now as I was that is feasible.
Onana is reputed to be on £100k and I’d have to say Iwobi is more influential to our team, but I also think Onana will pick that wage up in any top 6 team and they’ll pay upwards of £40m for the ‘privilege’. Not sure the same can be said for Iwobi.

Dia > Maupay (Dia-rohea) - Salernitana ?

I think if were going for 2 then it makes perfecf sense for Thelwell to offer Maupay and Keane for Dia.

My guess is that we go back for Beto as theres alot of smoke there.

Interesting name for me is El Bilal Toure who we were linked with 12months ago...hes a different profile than the others.

I think if were going for 2 then it makes perfecf sense for Thelwell to offer Maupay and Keane for Dia.

My guess is that we go back for Beto as theres alot of smoke there.

Interesting name for me is El Bilal Toure who we were linked with 12months ago...hes a different profile than the others.
I'll take your word for it !

I have a bright idea.

SIGN THE BRAZIL U20 SQUAD…
The number 5 in that squad is a player called Santos. He was one of the players that were bought by Bohley in the January window . Aged 19 already a full Brazilian international will enjoining the Chelsea squad in the summer .

If he's not in the mangers plans or not playing or not settled which I think he ticks those categories... Depending who comes in, I can't see him staying ... They haven't got European football. Their fans don't like him.

Why keep him and pay the wages take the money.

He's loved at goodison and with the new stadium coming who knows..... He's still tweets about everton
All depends on the new boss and if it’s Postecoglu who likes to play exciting attacking football I think he’ll be a fan of Richy and will want him around. My feeling is he goes nowhere this summer but another bad year and next summer he might be an option.

Everton target Emiliano Martinez has been included Uruguay's national team by Marcelo Bielsa. Impressive for sure, but not necessarily a sign of his quality as most of the big boys have been omitted in the selection, so most likely just Bielsa testing the future crop of national team players.

I’m impressed with what Dyche has done since coming in, and he’s definitely deserved the opportunity to lead Everton into BMD. However, we’ve got to be realistic how attractive he is to players when it comes to transfers.

On a positive note, I’m sure young, hungry players from the Championship will see him as someone who will give them an opportunity e.g. Victor Gyokores, Jack Clarke etc

Realistically, though, when it comes to more established names, Everton & Dyche are going to be way down the pecking order. Horrible to say but if you are promising European talent, are you going to choose us over the top six? No. Villa, Brighton, Chelsea, Spurs? No. Even Palace, West Ham & Fulham have the London angle. It’s going to be a real struggle to get into bidding wars. For instance, I read Abraham was potentially involved with Wham with Scamacca going the other way. If so, then we’ve got no chance.

As harsh as that sounds, I actually don’t mind. Reminds me of early Moyes. 4 or 5 Championship gems to go alongside the spine of Pickford, Tarkowski, Onana, Iwobi, McNeil, Garner, DCL, working their arses off will do for me next season.