Summer transfer window 2023

Any striker would have made a difference last year though, we was flirting between maupay and gray upfront.

Our survival happened because mina come in for Keane though, doesn't matter who we had upfront, if Keane finished the season we 10000% went down
Mina came in even later than Calvert Lewin and was a great help in the relegation fight but the process had already been started.
DCL was the difference, not 'any other striker'.

It's easy to pick out single moments that saved us and one of them was Keane's worldy v Spurs.

What we should be talking about, amongst other things, is how and why we didn't try to keep Mina here.

He was paid more than we would like, but it would probably have been worth it for at least one more season.

Surely reply: ACCEPT lol.

Still not sure we are taken for a ride by these guys. Chairman says this, manager director something else. Both players need convincing. Maybe Maupay's salary is a problem.

Hopefully we work on other deals and if we find another target tell them it is Maupay only lol

This is the exact deal I said we should do the other day, 30m for Dia, 10m for Maupay, get it done.
He actually looks like a striker. Not sure that fits with our culture.

There must be a load of salernitana fans watching Neil maupay compilations on YouTube thinking "what the eff???"

Hmm Tete seems like a no-brainer in our situation. Free transfer, naturally right sided player, young (only 23), prem-experienced (😑). I'm also not sure why we haven't gone for more loan deals

I've been concerned that Mina needs replacing - I guess Branthwaite is that to an extent. It seems Keane and Tarks are our first choice pairing by financial necessity - but it was Tarks and Mina that got us through to the end.

It's a pretty big drop-off to Holgate and Godfrey too.
Mina still hasn't signed a deal with another club, which surprised me slightly. I'd have him back here if we could negotiate a decent contract with him.

….I presume he’s told Thelwell that.
Kenwright and moshiri are crapping themselves. They weren't expecting someone to actually offer us a player to buy. They are frantically trying to come up with some reasons why we couldn't buy him. Kenwright is already on the phone to maupay, begging him to say no to a move.